• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 22 days 'til Christmas

Bliss

Sally Twit
For those of you that don't know what this is about, please read the following thread:
http://www.generalforum.com/general-...mas-91598.html

I know I've been the only one taking part so far but please feel free to jump in at any time as I thought it would be fun.

The film I'll be watching and reviewing today will be:

Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)
Stars:
Lilyan Chauvin, Gilmer McCormick and Toni Nero
Genre: Horror, Thriller

After his parents are murdered, a young tormented teenager goes on a murderous rampage dressed as Santa, due to his stay at an orphanage where he was abused by the Mother Superior.
5/10
The plot is ridiculous but I do enjoy cheesy 80's horror films so the murders were entertaining.

It starts with a little boy witnessing the murder of his parents by some psycho in a Santa outfit. Before that happened they had visited his grandpa in a mental institution who told him Christmas Eve is the scariest night of the year and that if he wasn't good all year round he would be punished. It was fucking awful but it made me laugh.

He then lives in an orphanage with his little brother (who was a baby when his parents were murdered) and it's ran by nuns. The 'mother superior' is abusive and punishes him with a belt whenever he is naughty. Obviously every year when Christmas comes around he freaks out.

When he turns 18 he works for this toy shop and they ask him to dress as Santa and that's when he turns psycho and goes on a killing spree with an axe lol. It was good in parts but overall it was cheese on a stick.

Last edited: