Politics 2019 Politics Thread

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
What about Mueller lying to Congress about the anthrax mailer? What about Mueller putting Richard Jewel through hell? What about the 4 mobsters that Mueller wrongly convicted that the US had to pay millions in damages to. What about the failure to look into Uranium One?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think Trump is a pos. But I like much of what he's done. I like that he's not afraid to push back against the media and liars. And honestly he frequently makes me lol.
Same here. The guy is a pos, but he’s not going around billing the American taxpayer and ruining people’s lives. Trump as a person sucks, but voting for someone because he/she is a great person gives me no comfort when I’m paying a shit ton in taxes, our economy goes into the tank, and they want to take my guns away. At that point, I don’t give a damn how “great” a person POTUS is.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Same here. The guy is a pos, but he’s not going around billing the American taxpayer and ruining people’s lives. Trump as a person sucks, but voting for someone because he/she is a great person gives me no comfort when I’m paying a shit ton in taxes, our economy goes into the tank, and they want to take my guns away. At that point, I don’t give a damn how “great” a person POTUS is.
Its an attitude that I've evolved on honestly. I voted for Bush partially because he was a good man. But looking back on it: why in the hell were we in that war for so long? The Medicare Drug benefit was something LBJ would be proud of. No Child Left Behind. John Roberts. The Bush tax cuts were great although they should have been permanent.
I mean being a nice guy is great, Jimmy Carter was a nice guy, but I only care about how it affects myself, my family and community. By that standard, Trump is one of the better Presidents we've had in awhile.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Its an attitude that I've evolved on honestly. I voted for Bush partially because he was a good man. But looking back on it: why in the hell were we in that war for so long? The Medicare Drug benefit was something LBJ would be proud of. No Child Left Behind. John Roberts. The Bush tax cuts were great although they should have been permanent.
I mean being a nice guy is great, Jimmy Carter was a nice guy, but I only care about how it affects myself, my family and community. By that standard, Trump is one of the better Presidents we've had in awhile.
Exactly. I don't give a damn how nice of a guy/woman is, I want to know what he/she is going to do, what policies they want to enforce. Even the claims of Trump's racism, which I think is nothing but left wing crap because they lost an election, I really don't care. I mean, he can't say "I'm going to cut taxes for everyone, except that CaptainObvious guy, cause he's Hispanic". It doesn't work that way. The Constitution protects us from any thing that is racist or sexist, or whatever. I don't give a damn what someone thinks or how they feel, feelings mean nothing to me. I only care about what he/she is going to push Congress for.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Epstein died in prison on suicide watch.

I'm not much of a conspiracy guy, but this is fishy as hell.
It's seriously the most agreed upon event I can remember in the 2000s. I don't think anyone of any political belief, social status, income level, etc. believes the official story.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm not even convinced he's dead. He could be on some island somewhere drinking margaritas under a different name. I'm no conspiracy nut either, but I don't believe any of this.