2018 World Cup

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Begins at 11 a.m. EDT Thursday with Russia and Saudi Arabia, the unquestioned two worst teams in the field.

Who you got winning?

I will be rooting for Brazil.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hopefully Germany wins but you never know what will happen. Such a crapshoot.

Still crazy to me that there's no Italy, Netherlands or USA...but I am super stoked Italy isn't there haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hopefully Germany wins but you never know what will happen. Such a crapshoot.

Still crazy to me that there's no Italy, Netherlands or USA...but I am super stoked Italy isn't there haha
I know you're a big supporter of German, however, do you still have the same interest in this tournament even though the U.S did not qualify?

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know you're a big supporter of German, however, do you still have the same interest in this tournament even though the U.S did not qualify?
Same interest...ehh...probably not. I definitely think the US not being there is hurting my interest level to an extent but I will still be watching now that it's here. I just know in past years I've known all the groups by heart months in advance yet I just looked them up this week to get a refresher.

So eh, not quite the same, I'm not gonna lie.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Ideally, if they have a handful of matches in Montreal, I hope it wouldn't be at the Olympic Stadium. Why not use this opportunity to build the new stadium in Montreal that could eventually be used for the returning Expos? With 8 years before that World Cup, they sure have the time to do so. Hell, the Expos could be back before the 2026 World Cup!

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Have they said whether all three countries would get automatic bids? I know its going to a 48 team field so allowing all 3 to get in makes the most sense, right? I mean come on, throw Canada a bone here. They deserve to be there.

Anyway, that's awesome they're coming to North America but what a defeat today by Russia over hapless Saudi Arabia. Dang.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Have they said whether all three countries would get automatic bids? I know its going to a 48 team field so allowing all 3 to get in makes the most sense, right? I mean come on, throw Canada a bone here. They deserve to be there.

Anyway, that's awesome they're coming to North America but what a defeat today by Russia over hapless Saudi Arabia. Dang.
I tweeted this, however, you may not have seen it:

You can't have a country host and not play. Canada will be in the 2026 World Cup. It would have been much trickier in the present format, but with 48 teams, Canada will have the honour of being the worst team to play in a World Cup.