• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Olympics 2018 Winter Olympics

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Soooo is anybody excited to watch? I love the winter version...it is actually my favorite over the summer games.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Same here, always preferred the winter games. Usually because of hockey, but I also love to watch some curling.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Curling and hockey for me as well but I am also a huge fan of the cross country skiing where they have to shoot guns as well.

What a weird sport, I love it haha

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I always hated skiing myself but it's probably the competition I love the most watching during the Winter Olympics.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Winter Olynpics wrapping up slowly, highs and lows for me? Australia winning a few medals, and New Zealand finally winning a bronze. Fast skate has always been a favorite, just watching people fall on their ass is just a treat lol

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Canada just surpassed the highest medals total in history (not counting the 44 they won in 1984 in LA because of the Eastern Block boycott) with the gold & silver in skicross (Kelsey Serwa was ON FIYAH, so was Brittany Phelan) and Kaetlyn Osmond just won bronze in figure skating. 27 total so far and we could possibly get a couple more until Sunday morning.

I think like for every country, there were some nice surprises and some rough disappointments. I was hoping that we would be more dominant in short track speedskating with Marianne St-Gelais & Charles Hamelin but it wasn't meant to be this year.

Impaired

Registered Member
Watched the curling last night. USA moving onto the gold medal round. That was pretty cool to watch. I haven't watched much Olympics this time, sadly.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I hope some of you took the time to watch the men's Big Air finals tonight. An amazing final. And I'm not even into snowboarding.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
@Millz - just curious, do you understand the game of curling? Or you are still learning as you watch?

I think if more people understood the sport, it would be a lot more popular. My brother’s in-laws are maniacs about the sport so I’ve learned a lot from them. I love curling.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 6
Babe_Ruth Baseball 12
Babe_Ruth Baseball 35
Babe_Ruth Hockey 39
HabsMike25 Wrestling 4