2018 trade deadline

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
May as well and create a new thread.

A rare 3-team deal in the NHL that turned out to be so complicated, the NHL didn't approve the initial trade call. But now it's official.

Brassard traded to Penguins in deal with Senators, Golden Knights

Really cannot believe the Sens got a first for Brassard.

Speaking of the sens, the team is going in full rebuild mode. Both Karlsson and Ryan will probably be traded.

Regarding the Habs, I hope they can trade Pacioretty and Plekanex to shred some salary and get some good draft picks. Lots of talk that the Blues are interested in Pacioretty.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Well, I knew it was coming since a lot of teams were calling for his services, however, I did not expect for him to get traded to the Leafs. I wish him nothing but the best on his new team. Always been a big fan of his. He's a good two-way player, he also has a lot of great playoff experiece. Nice depth move by Toronto.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Well, he said he didn't wanna move to the Western Conference if he were to be traded. And given that the Jets were allegedly the other suitors, made sense that the Habs chose to deal him to Toronto.

We now got 4 2nd round picks in this year's draft. I'm now wondering if one of those could be used to sweeten the pot in another deal. Are they still talking about getting Max Domi from Arizona?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
From what I was reading, he seems like a rental... right? He's gonna really love being bounced in the second round. Haha.
A lot of teams will try to sign him this off-season that’s for sure. However, he may be tempted to stay in California and not having a big hockey media market bothering him.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Told ya the Blues should sell...haha

I'm stoked they got something for Stastny...1st, 4th and prospect and they took half the salary. Works for me