• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Olympics 2018 Olympic Ice Hockey

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
So this is the least I've cared about ice hockey in the Olympics...ever.

It sucks the NHL guys aren't there. I get why they are not there but damn man, it is killing my interest level.

Does anybody else care? Don't get me wrong, I will be watching, but it hurts.

But oh wait, Brian Gionta is on the team. James Wisniewski!!?? Boring.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yeah, I don't really care. I will try to watch a game or two but I probably won't go out of my way. It's a damn shame.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I’ll watch, but I don’t have the same passion that I had in previous Olympics. I still believe its stupid that the NHL banned its players to go. The Olympics are for the best athletes in the world, the best hockey players will not be there. It’s Russia’ to lose, in my opinion.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I’ll watch, but I don’t have the same passion that I had in previous Olympics. I still believe its stupid that the NHL banned its players to go. The Olympics are for the best athletes in the world, the best hockey players will not be there. It’s Russia’ to lose, in my opinion.
You mean, "the Olympic Athletes from Russia?" :D haha

KHL sent players, right? So yeahhhh....

EdgeHead

Registered Member
It's actually the first year I'm more interested in the women's hockey tournament than the men's. Even though we all know it's gonna end up being Canada vs USA.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The men didn't do too bad...but how about those US Women? Beat some maple leaf sucking ass

( :D )

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That game should not have ended in a shootout. You play til someone scores a goal.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
ugh yeah i hate that...i hate it in the World Cup too. Its a lame way to finish off a game

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Shootouts are a cruel way to end a gold medal game.

But with that said, the US women played a much better game than Canada. There were some very questionable calls on both sides (hell, I love my main girl Marie-Phillip Poulin but there's no way this wasn't a penalty) but that didn't factor in the result in the end.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
You know the Men's Tournament is whack whenever Germany beats Canada....wow.

Russia vs Germany is the gold medal game...ooookay then

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 6
Babe_Ruth Baseball 12
Babe_Ruth Baseball 35
Millz Olympics 12
Crypticshock Hockey 3