2018 NHL off-season thread

EdgeHead

Registered Member
But how is it that Kotkaniemi has gained so many positions in the rankings when he hasn't played since what, the World Championships? And what about Brady Tkachuk? I know the Habs invited him and Zadina for dinner yesterday I think so I'm curious if they'll be tempted to draft him as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm trying to tell myself that I will be happy with either Tkachuk, Zadina or Kotkaniemi. That said, as of right now, I am not sold on Tkachuk, I do not know why, but I much rather have Zadina or Kotkaniemi. None the less, unless something drastic happens tonight, the Canadiens will be getting a key piece to the future that can probably produce next season. Happy draft day.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He definitely won’t make the team next year and I am fine with that. Let him get another year under his belt and then bring him up the big club. Hopefully he turns out into the number one centre the Habs have been lacking for a number of years.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know the Blues were interested in Kovalchuk...woulda been nice to get him. Just get John Taveras and I'll be happy. Pipe dream though I'm sure.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The John Tavaras situation right now is pretty crazy. Some people believes he'll sign a one-year max deal with the Leafs(Oh please don't let that happen) others believe he's just going to re-sign with the Islanders (which would be really strange to me). I, for one hopes he decides to sign with Montreal. :)