2018 NHL off-season thread

EdgeHead

Registered Member
This is the most surreal and bizarre thing I've ever witnessed in the world of hockey.

But looking at pics of Mike Hoffman's girlfriend, she totally came off to me as one of those shitty girls that would totally do all the horrible things that Melinda & Erik Karlsson mentioned she did.

And realistically....if I'm any other team in the NHL, do you really want Mike Hoffman on your team considering the emotional baggage he's gonna bring with him with his girlfriend? I know I wouldn't. You don't need that kind of distraction in the locker room.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alex Galchenyuk was traded to the Coyotes over the weekend in a one-for-one trade. The Canadiens received Max Domi. Personally, I am not to happy about this trade. He was one of my favourite players, I think he has a chance to become even better than what he is today. I think the Canadiens mismanaged him by not knowing was position to play him. I am a Domi fan, and I think there is a chance he excels here, however, I still believe the Coyotes won this trade.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Senators traded Mike Hoffman to San Jose for Mikkel Boedker. Then San Jose just sent him to Florida along with the 7th round pick. San Jose getting three draft picks back

EdgeHead

Registered Member
From what I read, Pierre Dorion was specifically instructed to not trade within the division. And yet, Mike Hoffman finds himself back in the Atlantic Division. This is gonna be a long season for the Senators shitstorm.

As for the Chucky/Domi trade, I'm also unhappy about it. I wouldn't have done it one-for-one but I'm more than willing to give Max Domi a chance with the Habs. Can we assume he's gonna be playing on the same line than Jonathan Drouin or will this honor go to whoever the Habs draft at #3 on Friday night?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
From what I read, Pierre Dorion was specifically instructed to not trade within the division. And yet, Mike Hoffman finds himself back in the Atlantic Division. This is gonna be a long season for the Senators shitstorm.

As for the Chucky/Domi trade, I'm also unhappy about it. I wouldn't have done it one-for-one but I'm more than willing to give Max Domi a chance with the Habs. Can we assume he's gonna be playing on the same line than Jonathan Drouin or will this honor go to whoever the Habs draft at #3 on Friday night?
It should be interesting. Depends what the Habs do at the draft. The Habs will either pick Zadina or Kotkaniemi. Looks more and more that the team is leaning with the centre instead of the right winger because he’s impressed a lot of scouts during the combine – Zadina not so much.

I’m torn. At first I was sold on Zadina, but now that Kotkaniemi has been a pleasant surprise, and Montreal need their number one centre, I think I rather have Jesperi. Now the less, the Habs are getting a good one with their first pick on Friday.