2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
what the fuck is going in San Francisco...

Is he the next Matt Cassel? Brock Osweiler? I don't get it...he's started SEVEN GAMES
I know what you mean, it's only been seven games. Probably jumped the gun and overpaid for the guy, but if they hit on him, they've finally fixed their QB problems.

He's NEVER lost a start! Hahaha.

And if you can win 5 straight with the current Niners lineup, maybe you deserve a truckload of money? I dunno. Good for him.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I know, I will say he didn't win in NE and then everyone expected him to do the same in San Fran, he won in San Fran, with that horrid lineup. I don't blame them, finding a QB is really hard to do in this league.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do agree if keeps it up, he's probably worth it but man, it's so early to tell! I cannot believe it happened. Like, when Mike Glennon got STUPID DUMB money from Chicago, at least it wasn't 137.5 million bucks haha. They'd better put some talent around him because Goodwin and Garcon ain't gonna cut it.

The thing that bothers me is the people who keep setting the record for highest paid player are pretty damn mediocre and, of course, they're all QB's.

First it was Joe Flacco...then Andrew Luck broke that record...then Carr beat that...and then Stafford broke it. And now Garopollo of all people? Kirk Cousins will soon break that. It's just so strange when these guys are making so much yet Big Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, etc etc are all better QB's by a large margin.

Oh well, not my money!

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Imagine the truckload of money now waiting Kirk Cousins wherever he lands. Jimmy G was career #2 QB until like Week 11 of this season and he's now the highest player in the history of the NFL.

AND...HE....STILL...HASN'T...PROVEN....NOTHING. They better have an incredible season in Santa Clara in 2018.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
73 million guaranteed...lol. Okay then guys. I did hear if they didn't sign him long term that his franchise tag was 26 million.

Soooo averaging 27.5 might not be THAT bad...maybe?