2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

EdgeHead

Registered Member
For sure...the defense is still elite. Are Thomas and Sanders signed still? Because with an actual QB there, that's a lethal dose. Just look at what they did when Manning was there.
According to Spotrac, both Thomas & Sanders become free agents after the 2019 season. So for the next 2 years, if I'm Kirk Cousins, I'm strongly considering Denver.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
From a source to Schefter: "It was Robert Kraft f****ng up with Colts because of Deflategate."

Basically, Kraft is still pissed at the Colts organization for initiating Deflategate and he's gonna make their lives miserable until he dies.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
McDaniels is through anywhere but NE now. Funny how all of Belichick's coaching tree took nothing from the man but his arrogance.

Impaired

Registered Member
I just pray we don't deal away Foles. Clearly, the importance of the backup QB cannot be understated.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a tough call. Do you strike while the iron is hot and get something for Foles that you'd usually not or just keep him because he's proven to do well in Peterson's offense.

I'd probably keep him

Trade him to the Jags and let him get in on the whole 'win back-to-back Super Bowls with different teams' thing that's happening lately. Haha.

But in all seriousness, they'd have to be very confident in Wentz's rehab to trade away Foles. Time will tell.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
what the fuck is going in San Francisco...

49ers signed QB Jimmy Garoppolo to a five-year, $137.5 million contract.

In terms of average-annual value — $27.5 million — it makes Garoppolo the highest-paid player in NFL history. That's at least until Kirk Cousins hits free agency. Going on 27, Garoppolo has made only seven career starts, but he has won all of them. He was a wonder in his six 2017 49ers appearances, completing 67.4 percent of his 178 passes while averaging 8.8 yards per attempt. This, with Marquise Goodwin as his No. 1 receiver. Garoppolo's signature is his lighting-quick release. It allows him to attempt throws other quarterbacks would not dream of. The money is eye-popping for someone with so little regular season experience, but Garoppolo should validate the 49ers' trust in 2018.
Is he the next Matt Cassel? Brock Osweiler? I don't get it...he's started SEVEN GAMES