2018 MLB Regular season thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Surprising move...but also not surprising.

Tommy Pham was AWESOME in 2017 but this year he has regressed. From Tampa's standpoint, it makes sense. But for us it allows Bader to play everyday and for us to call up Tyler O'Neill. Also, Pham has a bad attitude, is 30, his numbers are down, and he's friggin BLIND.
I just read that he has no filter. And, I’m all for you guys to play Tyler O’Neill more. :)

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just read that he has no filter. And, I’m all for you guys to play Tyler O’Neill more. :)
Zero filter, which is actually okay to a certain extent. Play with an attitude...with an edge. But don't be a dick about it haha

Your Canadian boy O'Neill is a beast. He is absolutely destroying the ball at AAA and has nothing else to prove there.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds like the Orioles tried to ship Adam Jones to Philly, but he invoked his no-trade clause and said no.

Did not think the Rays would trade Archer. Great get by the Pirates.

The Dodgers got Dozier from the Twins for Forsythe and prospects, which is a nice upgrade.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Pirates trade for Archer is a curious one. I mean they traded Gerritt Cole and didn't nearly get the return that they gave up to get Archer. And I'm sorry but Cole is better than Archer. Meadows and Glasnow and one other player is insanity. Good for Tampa, they fleeced the Pirates IMO.

The Dodgers added Dozier to go with Machado is huge...they gotta be the favorites in the NL. I liked what the Braves did too.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Osuna traded to Houston for Giles and a few prospects.

I never felt Osuna would ever pitch for the Blue Jays again. There was, at best, a tepid response to Ross Atkins's claim a few weeks back that, upon his return, Osuna would be the closer. I would not be surprised if the decision to move Osuna was made way over the heads of Atkins and Shapiro and by Rogers, a massive publicly traded company with a huge presence in Toronto that didn't want the PR headache to deal with.

In case you don't know the background on why he got traded:

Blue Jays’ Roberto Osuna to fight allegations he assaulted child’s mom
There's been a lot of discussion on this topic lately. As a moderator for a very large Astros page on Facebook, it's been tough. Some people are very emotional about it, on both sides, and they get personal. At the end of the day, he hasn't been found guilty of anything, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I'm glad Giles is gone, the guy is a head case, and inconsistent.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's been a lot of discussion on this topic lately. As a moderator for a very large Astros page on Facebook, it's been tough. Some people are very emotional about it, on both sides, and they get personal. At the end of the day, he hasn't been found guilty of anything, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I'm glad Giles is gone, the guy is a head case, and inconsistent.
He was definitely never going to pitch in a Blue Jays uniform again. The Jays fan base would have booed the shit out of him. The Astros are playing in Toronto in the last weekend of the regular season - I wonder if he's going to pitch. Personally, I do not believe he'll get charged.

On his pitching abilities alone, he's one of the best in the Majors. There were chatter about eventually converting him into a starter. I wonder if the Astros will go through with that plan.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
He was definitely never going to pitch in a Blue Jays uniform again. The Jays fan base would have booed the shit out of him. The Astros are playing in Toronto in the last weekend of the regular season - I wonder if he's going to pitch. Personally, I do not believe he'll get charged.

On his pitching abilities alone, he's one of the best in the Majors. There were chatter about eventually converting him into a starter. I wonder if the Astros will go through with that plan.
I agree, talent wise, the guy is awesome. If he is guilty of doing what he did, who knows what will happen, but we know so little, and I don't blame Lunhow for pulling the trigger on that deal and taking that chance.

Who knows? I like our rotation as it is, but I'm not sure Keuchel is coming back, and Morton has hinted at retirement, so we'll see.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
McCutchen to Yankees.

I know Cutch is not the same player as he once was, but playing at Yankee Stadium may help him. Yankee Stadium ranks eight in most home runs allowed in the MLB while AT&T ranks 23rd. In addition, with Judge out, he is a much better option than what they have been trotting out there.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
2 more Jays off the roster; Donaldson to Indians, Granderson to Brewers.

Donaldson's trade hurts, man. What a shame it ended that way. The way the whole situations with Joey Bats, EE and Donaldson have been handled, I'm honestly concerned of what could happen down the road with Vlad Jr. But then again, should we blame Rogers rather than Shapiro & Atkins for those situations?