2018 MLB Regular season thread

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I would really love to get Britton, but I don't want to give up guys like Kyle Tucker or prospects like Whitley for him. Once the playoffs start, you go to a 3 man rotation anyway, so your bullpen gets bigger. I don't want Giles back ever, and I'm not too crazy about Rondon closing, but I don't want to give up the farm (literally) for Britton.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would really love to get Britton, but I don't want to give up guys like Kyle Tucker or prospects like Whitley for him. Once the playoffs start, you go to a 3 man rotation anyway, so your bullpen gets bigger. I don't want Giles back ever, and I'm not too crazy about Rondon closing, but I don't want to give up the farm (literally) for Britton.
I think your safe with that. Britton is not worth that level of return at this point.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yankees sure did give up alot to get Britton though...so it seems

Crazy run for Carpenter. Also, cool story with Daniel Poncedeleon getting his first MLB start and tossing 7 no hit innings. A year after having brain surgery from getting a liner to the head.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
From what I gather, only Tate has a good chance to become something. A lot of rumours were that they would be Rule 5 guys next year, so the Yanks decided to get something instead of losing them.

Still hoping the Jays can get Frazier in a Happ trade.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yankees sure did give up alot to get Britton though...so it seems

Crazy run for Carpenter. Also, cool story with Daniel Poncedeleon getting his first MLB start and tossing 7 no hit innings. A year after having brain surgery from getting a liner to the head.
I think that was more of a "I don't want him on the Astros roster" move, than them actually wanting him, which is fine with me. I would have loved to have gotten him, but I didn't want to give up too much for him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think many Jays fans overvalued Happ. I'm willing to give Drury a chance. He is a young veteran who the Yankees were super-high on. They thought his bat would thrive at Yankee Stadium, but he had the health issues early and never got his spots back from Torres and Andujar. Us Jays fan should see him for the rest of the year with the big ball club. McKinney is a prospect with a little upside.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Osuna traded to Houston for Giles and a few prospects.

I never felt Osuna would ever pitch for the Blue Jays again. There was, at best, a tepid response to Ross Atkins's claim a few weeks back that, upon his return, Osuna would be the closer. I would not be surprised if the decision to move Osuna was made way over the heads of Atkins and Shapiro and by Rogers, a massive publicly traded company with a huge presence in Toronto that didn't want the PR headache to deal with.

In case you don't know the background on why he got traded:

Blue Jays’ Roberto Osuna to fight allegations he assaulted child’s mom

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Surprising move...but also not surprising.

Tommy Pham was AWESOME in 2017 but this year he has regressed. From Tampa's standpoint, it makes sense. But for us it allows Bader to play everyday and for us to call up Tyler O'Neill. Also, Pham has a bad attitude, is 30, his numbers are down, and he's friggin BLIND.