2018 MLB Regular season thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The new MLB season starts this Thursday and I could not be happier. The Blue Jays open the season with a four-game series against the dangerous New York Yankees. The Yankees added Stanton to their already powerful line-up. Servino will take the mound for the Yankees, while Happ takes the mound for the Blue Jays. The Jays starting rotation is a good one this year, they will just need to stay healthy. That said, their offence worries since I believe often times, they will not be able to score some runs.

Anyway, use this thread to discuss the 2018 MLB season. That does not mean not to start any other threads for baseball discussion.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I think that MLB.com ranked the Jays' starting rotation as the 10th best in MLB so I hope that they'll all remain healthy as much as possible as it has been such a detriment to the team last year. I know that there are some question marks about the offense without Joey Bats & Edwin gone in the past 2 seasons but if Donaldson can remain healthy, if Smoak can keep up with his production and if both Granderson & Grichuk can have their share of RBI, I think we can seriously contend for a wild card spot. Can't wait for Thursday afternoon!!!

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Salvador Perez of the Royals is out 4-6 weeks with a torn MCL...he dropped his luggage and fell awkwardly.

Wow.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I REALLY didn't like what I saw from Josh Donaldson at 3B. This isn't what I want to see on Opening Day. He barely could throw the ball at 1st base. There's no way he should be playing defensively right now. If he can DH, that's fine by me but until then, have Yangervis Solarte play 3B instead.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yup that dead-arm does not look good right now. Take the time you need and DH til it gets better. Makes you wonder why Gibbons put him out there in the first place.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Yeah, that's a bit baffling.

Man, only 7 hits in 2 games for the Jays. They're gonna need all the good pitching they need this season. At least, the bullpen was rock solid tonight as opposed to Opening Day.