2018-2019 NHL thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Their defence is a bit weak. Unless they go out and get a top two defenceman for their team, I just do not see them winning the cup this season. However, they will put many goals on the scoreboard.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Daaang, 20 games eh? I know the Blues said Sundqvist was not doing well after getting hit by Wilson. This is what, the 4th time this has happened? 5th? Sorry if it says it in the link, twitter is blocked at work.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
4th suspension in 105 games for Tom Wilson, I believe. He could've had an extra 5 games and I wouldn't even have been mad.

As for the Habs season opener, even after I told myself that I wouldn't watch another Habs game until Bergevin loses his job, I succumbed to the temptation of seeing how Jesperi Kotkaniemi would do and watched the game tonight. While he struggled with faceoffs, he didn't play a shabby game at all. 1st official point in the NHL, making him the 2nd youngest Hab in history to do so.

While I'm glad they picked up a point vs the Leafs, I'm still pissed that we lost this because Jonathan Drouin tried to stretch a shift in OT. And he probably was the only one on the roster tonight to have a shitty game. Max Domi should've started the OT. At least, if it had went to the shootout, Drouin would've gotten his chance anyway. Also, Carey Price looked like the Carey Price of old. Definitely a confidence booster for me towards his season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was a very entertaining game. I loved the Habs effort for the most part. They played well. The first line pairing of Juulsen and Mete impressed me. They will make mistakes, but it will be fun to see those two develop together.

Carey Price, what can I say? He showed last night that he can still be the best goalie in the world. He made some incredible saves. Nothing he could do to stop Matthews first goal. It was beating anybody.

Jesperi didn't look like a deer in headlights - which is good. The kid definitely has special abilities.

Looking forward to the next game.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am just now seeing that 3 of the 4 suspensions of Tom Wilson were hits on Blues players...how did I not know that? Robert Thomas, Sammy Blais and now Sundvqist. He must hate us.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
It was a very entertaining game. I loved the Habs effort for the most part. They played well. The first line pairing of Juulsen and Mete impressed me. They will make mistakes, but it will be fun to see those two develop together.

Carey Price, what can I say? He showed last night that he can still be the best goalie in the world. He made some incredible saves. Nothing he could do to stop Matthews first goal. It was beating anybody.

Jesperi didn't look like a deer in headlights - which is good. The kid definitely has special abilities.

Looking forward to the next game.
About Jesperi....apparently, some players took it upon themselves to help him by showing him the ropes about faceoffs today. Which is pretty cool and shows how much they already love the kid. Right now, faceoffs are his biggest weakness but once he gets the gist of it (and adds a bit of muscle), it's gonna be scary to watch.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's just not fair to have Karlsson, Burns and Vlasic on one defensive unit. Their penalty kill may be the toughest in the NHL. They are so aggressive and generate a lot of really good short-handed attempts.