• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2017 Wrestling Hall of Fame class *spoilers*

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Overall, one of the most deserving and perhaps, the hardest working inductee ever. Truly happy for Diamond Dallas Page.

And like it or not, this year's class is turning out to be pretty good!
Not bad for a guy who grew up unable to read, who began in wrestling as a manager and broadcaster because he was willing to work for free.

Then decided to become a wrestler when he was pushing forty years-old, became quite successful,and now has a post-wrestling career that has helped numerous people with physical and mental problems.

Can't wait for his induction speech.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I saw this afternoon that WWE is asking for Eric Bischoff to induct DDP into the Hall of Fame. I thought it'd be Jake The Snake or Scott Hall, but considering the friendship between Page & Bischoff, that doesn't really surprise me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw this afternoon that WWE is asking for Eric Bischoff to induct DDP into the Hall of Fame. I thought it'd be Jake The Snake or Scott Hall, but considering the friendship between Page & Bischoff, that doesn't really surprise me.
I was hoping for Jake the Snake, but I'm sure Bischoff will do a great job inducting him. Hopefully we get a lot of camera shots of Hall and Jake during DDP's speech.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Beth Phoenix your newest WWE HOFer.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I saw some people unhappy about that one. They're pissed that Sable & Chyna aren't inducted yet. Hell, someone complained that Owen Hart should be inducted before her. Personally, I'm happy for her. She was a dominant Diva in a time where the Divas division was the drizzling shit and she was like a beacon of hope for all of us who wanted to see some good women's wrestling on WWE TV.

And with Beth Phoenix being inducted, this means that her & Edge are officially the first HOF couple in WWE history.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I imagine that Edge had a little something to do with this. The fans do have a right to be disappointed/upset that she was inducted before Chyna/Sable, but this is the wrestling hall of fame, happens every damn year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cut the music.

What I'd like to have right now, is for all us fat, out of shape, Pop Malters, to keep the noise down, while we pay tribute to the WWE's newest Hall of Famer, Ravishing Rick Rude.

Hit the music.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Very much deserved. Loved the video package tonight and glad it featured some of his WCW moments as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Very much deserved. Loved the video package tonight and glad it featured some of his WCW moments as well.
It was quite awesome. I wish it went on for another five minutes. I am big Rude fan.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am a big fan of this years class! Rude...DDP...Angle...Rock n' Roll...etc

Good stuff