• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2017 Survivor Series

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, that certainly shakes things up a bit for Survivor Series.

This is shaping up as an odd lead-up to a major PPV, where the matches they started promoting at the beginning of the cycle are being intentionally changed not long before the actual event. Can't remember them doing that too often, if ever, when an injury or something like that wasn't involved.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Lots of shake-ups, yes, but for some of those changes, it's a no-brainer.

-No one was buying that Jinder Mahal had a shot at beating or even competing with Brock so the switch to AJ Styles was actually an easy decision to do. Regardless if it was a thank you from Vince because of AJ stepping up to replace Bray Wyatt at TLC or whether if they finally realized (with a little help from Brock & Heyman) that Jinder wasn't drawing a dime, this change had to be done. And Jinder is no longer advertised to wrestle for the title in India. He's now scheduled to wrestle Triple H on that tour. So, there you go.

-The ominous change from Nattie vs Alexa to Charlotte vs Alexa was also predictable but I think this has more to do with giving Smackdown logical shots at winning matches and to avoid certain confrontations. For instance, right now, as it stands, Asuka vs Charlotte - even though in a 5 vs 5 environment - is happening and this is something that has to be saved for a bigger moment. And you don't necessarily want to see either of them look bad by taking a pin so given that the RAW women will probably win this one, you switch Nattie and Charlotte and you can have Charlotte go over Alexa on the PPV.

As I look at it, I think that Charlotte and Baron Corbin will win matches for Smackdown. I'll find hard for Smackdown to win the 5 vs 5 matches but the women's match will go for RAW. I guess they could always have AJ go over Brock in controversial fashion to set up Brock's next title defense?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
After watching Smackdown last night, you cannot tell me you guys are not pumped for Survivor Series. The build-up between the two brands has been absolutely terrific.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Lots of unpredictability. The RAW invasion was so much better than Smackdown Live's first salvo last month. I loved how Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn just walked out on The New Day as The Shield was entering the ring. Also loved that the Usos literally froze when they ran in for the save and came face-to-face with Roman Reigns. The little things.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It is definitely the little things.

Totally agree with you that it was a cool moment went The Uso’s came running in from the back, and Big Bad Roman just got in their way and stared them down. They had no clue what to do and just started getting beaten up by Ambrose and Rollins.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Brock Lesnar vs. AJ Styles
Result: Lesnar

Team RAW Men vs. Team SmackDown Men
Result: Team Raw

Alexa Bliss vs. Charlotte Flair
Result: Charlotte

Sheamus & Cesaro vs. The Usos
Result: The Usos

The Miz vs. Baron Corbin
Result: Baron Corbin

Team RAW Women vs. Team SmackDown Women
Result: Team Smackdown

The Shield vs. The New Day
Result: The Shield

Enzo Amore vs. Kalisto (Kickoff)
Result: Enzo

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Brock Lesnar vs. AJ Styles
Lesnar wins

Team RAW Men vs. Team SmackDown Men
Team Smackdown wins, with Jason Jordan stabbing Kurt Angle in the back for removing him of the team.

Alexa Bliss vs. Charlotte Flair
Charlotte wins

Sheamus & Cesaro vs. The Usos
The Usos win

The Miz vs. Baron Corbin
Baron Corbin wins

Team RAW Women vs. Team SmackDown Women
Team RAW wins. Bold prediction: Asuka eliminates EVERY Smackdown Live woman in the match.

The Shield vs. The New Day
The Shield wins

Enzo Amore vs. Kalisto (Kickoff)
Enzo wins - hoping for Neville to return as well

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So, was anyone else thinking Triple H would walk out after turning on Angle, then Kane would come out, kill Braun and Shane would end up as the winner?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I thought that somehow Shane would win at first after the turn - like HHH bought out Braun or something. But I really liked the ending. I mean using Hunter to put over Braun even more did help the Monster Among Men. Sure it would have been fun for a guy like Balor or Joe to be the sole survivor, but still I think it was a fun main event. Lots of hype with simple interactions being teased, so the fans were really into it.

With that momentum, would it make sense to have Braun win the Rumble and face Brock at Mania?

Overall really enjoyed the show. Shield/New Day was great, as was AJ vs. Brock.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The only issue I had with the main event is that at the end its the old guys plus Braun, good for Braun but having HHH and Angle and Shane left? Kinda odd but I see why they did it. Obviously Joe and Finn and Shin (fuck you Cole for saying Shin) and Roode had to lose eventually but it sucked to see the old dudes carry it at the end. But hey, it got Braun over so who cares.

The show was a thumbs up overall though. Best Brock Lesnar match since Summerslam 2013 with CM Punk.