2017 Reading Challenge

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by CynthiaM, Jan 31, 2017.

1. CynthiaM

CynthiaM Registered Member

Hey everyone! I'm fairly new to this forum and I love books. Two things you need to know before carrying on with this thread. :D

Anyway, I noticed that this category hasn't been getting much attention lately so let's kick it back up again.

How many books are you looking to read this year and do you already have titles in mind that you'd want to get started on?

Share them here and maybe we can help each other in accomplishing our reading goals!

Bubbles likes this.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

My goal is to read 20-25 books this year. Will be finishing up my first one this week. It was about Jackie Robinson' life and it was nearly 500 pages.

Don't have any specific titles in mind, but they will all be about Baseball and it's history.

3. Impaired

Impaired Registered Member

I don't have a goal, I just love to read. Will probably read 30--40 this year, as usual.

4. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Ya know what, for the sake of argument, I wanna say my goal this year is 10. Its low ball, but I think I can manage. Honestly the genre wouldn't matter much, I do enjoy historical pieces from the Noir times, or even syfi fantasy. Just depends what grabs my attention the most.

~Shwa

5. Impaired

Impaired Registered Member

For some great Sci-Fi try David Brinn.

1. Sundiver
    2. Startide Rising
    3. The Uplift War

or the Postman (good book, movie sucked)
    or Earth

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I always fail these reading challenges. I enjoy reading, and miss it quite a bit.... but something always steals my attention away.

I'll shoot for 10 this year.

7. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

Great thread!

I've finally started picking up my book after slacking for about 2 months. My goal is at least 50 by the end of December 2017, but I'll be happy if I can make it to 20. I've finished the unedited version of Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl. Currently I'm floating through a couple of different books including Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith and Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Manga. Currently on Book 2 for that one and the artwork is ah-mazing.

8. Unity

Unity Mary Poppins, y'all! Staff Member

Good idea! I've got a couple of books going right now (neglecting both) that I may have mentioned elsewhere. There are at least four Star Wars novels I'd like to read, and I definitely want to read a Stan Musial book that I got for Christmas when baseball season is starting up. I also have two books in a fantasy trilogy to finish, and many other nerdy books waiting in the wings. I'll say put me down for 10 like @Konshentz but I get so bad about reading. I want to pick it up more often again and have been trying to do so in recent months.

Konshentz likes this.
  9. CynthiaM

CynthiaM Registered Member

OOohhh, interesting! Let us know if you have recommendations :D

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Bought a book called Stars and Strikes by Dan Epstein. It's a book about the 1976 Baseball season. Looking forward to starting it tomorrow morning.

EdgeHead likes this.