2017 Politics thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just started a new thread since the old one is outdated now. You can still create new thread, but mostly the stuff with the new President of the U.S can be posted here. I'm really scared that Trump will be in charge starting January 20, 2017.

Please don't mock Trump! Trump Tower is a safe space!

Trump's Press Secretary Begs The American People To Stop Mocking Donald Trump

Unity

MIB
Staff member
Trump is a thin-skinned child who shouldn't have a social media account. He's also a pathological liar who apparently "knows more about ISIS than the top generals" and is a hacking expert. He's also kissing Putin's ass on a regular basis, which somehow conservatives seem to now be just fine with. Fancy that.

The thing that actually scares me about Trump is the talk of increasing our nuclear arsenal. I can only hope that all of congress has more sense than him, but the Republican party is just excited to have an intelligent puppet in office and may just do anything at this point.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Trump is a thin-skinned child who shouldn't have a social media account. He's also a pathological liar who apparently "knows more about ISIS than the top generals" and is a hacking expert. He's also kissing Putin's ass on a regular basis, which somehow conservatives seem to now be just fine with. Fancy that.

The thing that actually scares me about Trump is the talk of increasing our nuclear arsenal. I can only hope that all of congress has more sense than him, but the Republican party is just excited to have an intelligent puppet in office and may just do anything at this point.
Like I said on Twitter yesterday, and I know you sort of disagreed with it, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not the POTUS 365 days from today, impeached by his own party.

Unity

MIB
Staff member
Like I said on Twitter yesterday, and I know you sort of disagreed with it, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not the POTUS 365 days from today, impeached by his own party.
Yeah my response was that you overestimate his party. It would take a lot.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If they impeach him, and it wouldn't surprise me, its really going to piss people off. I wouldn't be surprised if it causes a civil war.

Someone needs to pay attention to our aging nuclear arsenal. After all Russia and China are theirs.

"While we seek a world without nuclear weapons, we face the harsh reality that Russia and China are rapidly modernizing their already capable nuclear arsenals - and North Korea intends to develop nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them against the United States. A strong nuclear deterrent force will remain critical to our national security," Work said.
Pentagon Says It Needs $270 Billion to Upgrade Nuclear Arsenal | Military.com

Obama has already agreed to upgrading our nukes just not enough.

The administration’s costly plan proposes to rebuild the entire U.S. nuclear arsenal, including the warheads, and the missiles, planes and submarines that carry them. These plans will cost $348 billion over the next 10 years, according to a Congressional Budget Office estimate released last week. The National Defense Panel, appointed by Congress, found that the price tag over 30 years could be as much as a $1 trillion.
Obama’s Trillion Dollar Nuclear Weapons Gamble

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
He hasn't even taken office yet, and you guys are predicting he's going to break the law and be impeached??? Seriously? How can anyone make that kind of prediction? You can't impeach anyone for being an idiot, if we could, Obama would have been YEARS ago. So what "high crime" are you seeing in your crystal ball that would render you to think he's going to be impeached...AND found guilty?

Kissing up to Putin? How is he kissing up to Putin? And didn't Obama downplay Russian's role in the world? Didn't he mock Romney when Romney brought up the threat Putin is and say "the 1980's called, they want their foreign policy back"? If Putin isn't a threat and no big deal, who cares if he's "kissing up to Putin" (whatever that means). How is it a big deal? Russia and Putin aren't a danger, remember? Obama told us so.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
By the way, we had definitive proof Bill Clinton committed perjury, a felony, he entered a guilty plea and pled out to surrendering his law license and paying a fine in exchange for no jail time, he was impeached, and the Democrat led Senate refused to find him guilty...so yeah, it DOES take a lot for members of a political party to view things objectively and follow the law.

EDIT: Another by the way, I didn't see any complaining by Spicer, what I saw was him asking that we all come together. Isn't that what EVERY administration does? If they don't ask for unity, then they are divisive. If they do ask for unity, then they are complaining. Liberals just spin everything, don't they?

Speaking of spin, didn't liberals blame Trump for the initial drop in the DOW right after the election? But when it grew to an all time high, he's mocked for taking credit...right? Typical liberal logic.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
You can't impeach without a crime being committed, a "high crime or misdemeanor". But knowing the Democrat Party and how morally bankrupt they are, you may be right.

Impaired

Registered Member
Like either party has morals.

Seriously, you really don't understand that we have a 1 party system with two faces for marketing?