2017 NHL Playoffs thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just don't understand what's going on with Rinne. He's looked awful. And it's not like the Predators had an easy road to the cup. They beat three good teams.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
It's sadly how I envisioned them. The 8th seed had a valiant effort but the Pens are just too prepared. The Pens also had a rough road but they have been there, they know where that extra gear his. If there was any team you could pick to win a game 7, it's the Pens. I figured someone would run out of gas by the Final and the Pens are fortunate. They had one goaltender carry them in the first half and then a healthy Murray came back. Nashville needs a miracle to get back and win this series, even if they tied it 2-2.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
After the way they played tonight, even if it's still 2-1 Penguins, don't write off the Preds yet. Looks like Rinne is back to his early round form. If Nashville beats Pittsburgh as decisively on Monday night, the tide will have definitely turned in favor of the Preds.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, the Predators tied the series up last night with a 4-1 victory for the Penguins. Both teams have dominated at home. Game five should be interesting to say the least. Forsberg finally got on the scoreboard - maybe that will get him going in this Cup Final.