2017 NHL Playoffs thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe most of the match-ups have been decided. The Canadiens will be squaring off against the Rangers. The Rangers are a great team, but Price absolutely owns them. So, I'm hoping it's more of the same this year.

Can't wait to discuss playoff hockey with you guys.

@Millz @Unity @EdgeHead @Konshentz

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blues' opponent is decided as well...Mike Yeo's former team the Minnesota Wild. Let's hope Yeo wins again haha

willge87

Registered Member
The Maple Leafs will either play the Capitals or Senators in the 1st round. If they get at least 1 point against CBJ tonight they play Ottawa, but if they lose they play the Capitals. It goes without saying that the Senators would be the favorable opponent. I'm just tickled the Leafs made it, but still I expect nothing but a series victory against the Senators.

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
Blues' opponent is decided as well...Mike Yeo's former team the Minnesota Wild. Let's hope Yeo wins again haha
Haha yes go Yeo. I've really been enjoying his personality as a coach so far.

Honestly, I'd rather play Minnesota over Chicago any day. They've been dominant for most of this year, but I think we have a better shot at them.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I think it's safe to say that we can expect a few surprises in the first round. In both conferences, IMO. I think that St. Louis beats Minnesota and Boston beats Ottawa.

To me, Hawks & Preds should make for a very compelling first round showdown. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Preds push the Hawks to the very limit in this one.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I did a fantasy hockey playoff yesterday, and I have three players from the Blues and Predators - so I'm hoping they both win their series.

Washington vs. Toronto should be a fun little series. I think it may be a bit closer than everyone expects.

And the Bruins vs. Senators will not be getting any of my attention.

Oilers, eh? I am pretty excited for that matchup. Should be entertaining.

Time for predictions...

Hawks over Preds in 5
Blues over Wild in 6
Flames over Ducks in 7
Sharks over Oilers in 7

Caps over Leafs in 5
Pens over Jackets in 5
Canadiens over Rangers in 6
Bruins over Send in 6

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
I'm not going to guess the game amount because I have no idea, even with my Blues haha. I'm going to go with the following picks:

Hawks over Preds
Blues over Wild
Ducks over Flames
Oilers over Sharks

Caps over Leafs
Jackets over Pens
Habs over Rangers
Bruins over Sens

With the Blues, I'm going to guess that they'll get eliminated in the second round overall. I'll just be happy if they can topple Minnesota in the first round, honestly. It's been an insane year of ups and downs and I don't know what to expect. I didn't think we'd make the playoffs for a while, now I'm wondering if we can make the Finals and exceed everyone's expectations.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you haven’t seen Connor McDavid play yet, @Konshentz you’re in for a treat. Well, sort of, you’ll probably hate him with a passion in this series, but he’s so entertaining to watch.

Seems like all the “experts” are picking the Rangers to win, I guess they don’t remember the incredible GAA and SV% Carey Price has against them. None the less, series starts tonight. I hope Montreal make a statement early on.