2017 NHL Off-Season thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah sounds complicated haha

I'd love to pair Tarasenko and him together...
He is also only thirty-four years old so he has a lot left in the tank. He and Tarasenko playing on the same line would be quite scary.

Also, if you look at former NHL players that went to the KHL, then came back to the NHL, have played real well (Radulov, Jagr).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Montreal traded their best prospect for Mikhail Sergachev to Tampa Bay for Jonathan Drouin. Montreal needed scoring and Drouin is one talented goal scorer. Sucks to lose a talented puck moving defenceman like Sergachev, but I do love this trade.

I believe that Drouin can become a 30-goal scorer in the NHL. He's only 22-years-old and the ceiling is still very high. His time was up in Tampa and the fresh start will do him some good.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Drouin eh? It finally happened!

Better hope a change of scenery will help him
It finally did. They would have lost him during the expansion draft, anyway. In addition, we all know that they did not want to lose him for nothing.

I hope that Drouin will be able to handle the pressure cooker in Montreal. The kid will have a lot of pressure to perform.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blues had a great night last night adding Schenn and dumping that piece of crap Lehtera. and then trading a 4th liner in Reaves for, somehow, a first round pick and got someone who some people thought coulda been a top 10 pick. I am happy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tremendous night. Really impressed you guys were able to get Schenn - and your two first draft picks should be solid players. Well done.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tomorrow is the first day of free agency in the NHL. Is there a player you would like to see your team take a chance on? Montreal need to re-sign Galchenyuk, luckily for them he is a restricted free agent, so they can match any offer. They have two key unrestricted free agents in Radulov and Markov.

I do not want to lose Andrei, but I do not want the Canadiens to give him $6M per, either. I would be happy with a two-year deal worth $9M. With the addition of Drouin, losing Radulov will not hurt as much but it would be nice to re-sign him, too. They’ll be targeting some free agent defenceman, too.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bonino to Nashville

Sharp back to Chicago

Shattenkirk to the Rangers

Alzner to Montreal

Daley to Detroit

Justin Williams to Carolina.

Also, Carey Price signed a eight-year extension. Glad that's out of the way, now re-sign Galcheyuk to a long-term deal, please.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Marleau to Toronto.

Hmmmm.

That sucks, but hey, at least it's not a team that I despise. Haha.
Really surprising signing and it will be weird to see him in a different jersey. I think they definitely overpaid him. But he brings a lot to the table. He will have fun playing with Matthews.