2017 NFL Off-Season thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So who are the best QBs available via trade/free agency?

1. Tony Romo
2. AJ McCarron
3. Ryan Fitzpatrick
4. Case Keenum

Who else?

TheRealVJ

Registered Member
Not sure if he's available anymore, but Jimmy Garropolo's name has certainly been a talking point from the second half of the season. The Browns are apparently high on him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not sure if he's available anymore, but Jimmy Garropolo's name has certainly been a talking point from the second half of the season. The Browns are apparently high on him.
Belichick is creating a storyline that he's not planning to trade him for a team to take the bait and trade a first round draft pick for him.

Browns will probably take that bait.

As for the off-season for my Niners, I'm just glad they parted ways with Kaepernick, he wasn't worth the trouble nor was he worth the huge contract they gave him after he lost the Super Bowl by the way. Part of that was injuries, the other part was his kneeling during the National Anthem which I still wonder why he didn't do that when he was a more high profile player on the field. Now he 'suddenly' decided to not do that for whoever decides to sign him this coming season. Seems awfully convenient to me.

As for the Saints (rooted for them since the late 80s), they'll be lucky to go 8-8. Patriots (rooted for them since the Bledsoe era), watch them get right back to the Super Bowl no matter who they lose, because they're insufferably great.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
John Ross runs a 4.22 at combine. 4.22

Supposedly, one of the teams that was timing him had it 4.18. Absolutely crazy.

Former Texans QB Brock Osweiler is now with the Browns, for now, anyway.

Osweiler didn't play well last year. But maybe 2017 can be a new beginning for him, regardless if he stays in Cleveland or not.

But they say that the Browns may trade him this offseason.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Shocking breaking news. Tony Romo will be leaving football and become a broadcaster. I'm really surprised by this development. Not much information out there, but I imagine he's looking at the bigger picture(his health and well-being).

Even though he was frustrating at times, it was a joy to follow his career.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm more surprised by the fact that he's replacing Phil Simms. Was Simms fired or has he just decided to retire?
Not entirely sure what happened with Simms.

This move surprises me as Romo has no experience in the booth. And, as you know, CBS mostly show AFC games, and Romo has mostly played in the NFC, against NFC teams. None the less, I like the move.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I think it was his former teammate Scandrick who said today that he's gonna be "brutally honest" in his commentary. Actually intrigued to see what he'll bring to the booth!