• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2017 NFL Draft Thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Latest talk is that Browns are leaning Trubisky at No. 1. Consensus seems to be that is the wrong move.

I understand the questions about Garrett. I've heard even experts who like him say he takes plays off. But I would still rather go that route than reach for a quarterback who might even slip to them at 12.

Impaired

Registered Member
With the Browns, all dumb moves are on the table.

If they don't take the best player, they are crazy. Flat out.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Judging from what I heard & read, looks like Bears fans are pissed at them picking Mitch Trubisky at #2.

I think this season will be very entertaining.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Trubisky starting only 13 games is a potential red flag. But he did play in 30 games. His learning curve might not be quite as difficult.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Really happy with the Chiefs draft. Trading up to get a QB was controversial, but we need to prep for the future. Mahomes can take a couple of years to learn from Smith and Reid and hopefully take over. It's one of our weak spots and - while it's said that next year's QB class is better - you never know when we'll get the chance to address the gap on our own terms. We've also improved our run defense and gotten a RB that maybe able to play this season. I believe a WR is in the picture as well. The Score gave us a B+ and I'll take it.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Little bit of pride in my neck of the woods. Although he hasn't been drafted this weekend, Laval TE Anthony Auclair signed a 3-year deal with the Buccaneers as a free agent. Kid grew up about 30 minutes from where I live. I don't know if he'll make the team this year or if he'll be on the Bucs practice squad but the kid is absolutely outstanding. A major part of Laval winning the Vanier Cup this year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm still in awe over Drew Pearson's master class in trolling. Epic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 0
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 1
Babe_Ruth NFL 47
Babe_Ruth NFL 33
Babe_Ruth NFL 3