• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2017 MLB Season thread

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Baseball...real baseball...starts Sunday. Cubs v Cards

Here's to a great season!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I’m excited for the season to begin. Blue Jays lost Encarnacion this off-season, which is too bad, but I think Morales can make up for a bit of his loss offence. The Jays also have one of the best starting rotation in the big leagues with – Estrada, Happ, Stroman, Sanchez and Liriano.

Bautista has many chips on his shoulders so I totally expect him to have a monster year if he remains healthy. I expect another Playoff appearance for the Jays this season if injuries aren’t a major issue.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tough first game for the Jays, losing to the Orioles on a walk-off home run by Trumbo, but there were some positives; Bautista' arm seems to be back which will help, Estrada, except that one inning he let in two runs was prettt strong, and the bullpen did great relief work.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Yeah, hard to blame Grilli for the walk-off HR. He's been very reliable last season and I think that'll be the case again but I think he'll still be more efficient as the 8th inning guy once Osuna is back from the 10-day DL.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Back to back loss' for the Jays to open the season. Their pitching as been doing what it's supposed to do, the offence on the other hand, not so much. But this team is known for slower starts.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Kendrys Morales couldn't have made a better first impression tonight for his 1st homerun as a Blue Jay: GRAND SLAM (and first win for the Jays this season as well).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
And, Stroman, for the most part pitched really well. Was able to get a lot of double plays when there was a runner at first. Also, made a smart throw at home when Souza was trying to score.

It was a bit too close in the ninth, but Grilli was able to shut down the door.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Guthrie now has a 135 ERA. No, I didn't forget the decimal point.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Man, it's gonna take some time for him to lower that ERA to a respectable level.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 0
Babe_Ruth Baseball 46
Babe_Ruth Baseball 14
Babe_Ruth Baseball 12
Babe_Ruth Baseball 24