• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2017 Hell in a Cell

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens
Result:Owens

Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
Result: Nakumara

The New Day (c) vs. The Usos
Result: The Usos

AJ Styles (c) vs. Baron Corbin
Result: Corbin

Natalya (c) vs. Charlotte Flair
Result: Natalya

Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler
Result: Roode

Randy Orton vs. Rusev
Result: Orton

Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin vs. The Hype Bros (Kickoff)
Result: Benjamin & Gable

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll go with...

Owens over Shane (Owens needs the big win)
Nakamura over Mahal (please for the love of God)
The Uso's over the New Day (the title changes continue)
Corbin over Styles (I am hopeful this leads to Dillinger winning it and AJ moving to the WWE Title)
Natalya over Charlotte (I think Charlotte will win it at Starcade)
Roode over Ziggler (duh)
Orton over Rusev (I actually am hoping for a Rusev win)
Benjamin & Gable over the Hypeless Bros (duh)

Looks like Bizzy and I are on the same page haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Owens loses all credibility that he had when he head-butted Vince will be gone. I will be extremely pissed off if Shane wins - he does not need it at all, Owens does.

And, I totally agree with you with Mahl, it's time for him to lose the belt, and see what Nakamura can do with it. Mahal has had it for way too long, but not surprising since the WWE/India relationship - even though Mahal is from Canada. lol

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Shane isn't winning this. I'm expecting Owens to win this and put Shane out of commission for a while to make room for the next step in the feud; KO vs Triple H. Also expecting him to move to RAW in the process.

As for Jinder, he cannot lose that title soon enough. If Nakamura doesn't take it from him, the only way I see him drop the title is to Bobby Roode around Wrestlemania time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This triple threat match was more than awesome. Three guys are brought it. First time I have enjoyed Corbin (not happy he won, though.)

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Loved Hell in a Cell tonight. Great effort by that crew all around.

But the pacing of the show is ridiculous. Bobby Roode & Dolph Ziggler wrestled to crickets - and the crowd had been very good until then. I don't know if Jinder's title defense deflated that crowd or it's just that no one cares about Dolph Ziggler anymore but either way, I just hope that Vince won't go into panic mode with Roode.

The end of the main event though....I legit had to watch the replay of Shane's dive to realize that it was Sami Zayn who actually pulled Kevin Owens off the table. The whole thing was really executed well and I'm very much looking forward to Smackdown Live Tuesday night. My best guess is that KO & Sami will be teaming up at Survivor Series and also judging by Talking Smack, AJ Styles will be in the opposite corner.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Felt kind of nervous about them taking those bumps on top of the cage. They looked awkward in a couple of spots, and I kept thinking that all it takes is some metalworker who was having a meh day at the office for someone to be permanently crippled or worse.

Zayn turning heel and helping Owens is quite intriguing. They could become a not-quite as good two-man power trip and eventually fight Shane and Trips.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I thought it was a fantastic PPV, namely just because the tag title match and Owens/McMahon stole the show. I admittedly checked out mentally on a couple of matches, so it wasn't perfect top to bottom but PPVs rarely are these days. It left me talking afterward for a couple of days, so I'll take it.