• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2017 Extremely Rules

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Genuinely excited for this main event.

It's unpredictable. And knowing the 5 guys involved the match will be great. I dont know if the 2 hours before it will be any good or if the storylines to follow will make any sense.

But there's definitely going to be 20-40 minutes of great wrestling tonight and Im pumped about it

EdgeHead

Registered Member
For someone who didn't have much expectations, I thought we had a fairly good PPV tonight. Of course, the main event was all shades of epic and I'm really excited about Samoa Joe facing off with Brock Lesnar. Submission Match for the Cruiserweight title was awesome although the last 5 minutes of the match kinda gave away the result. And the opener for the Intercontinental Championship was really good as well.

The real question mark (and dud) was the Women's title match. They have scrapped all the momentum that Bayley had built since her call-up last year and now I'm left wondering if she can be salvaged. It was especially odd to hear a 50-50 reaction to her tonight as she came out.

That's to me one of the best examples how Vince McMahon's philosophy can sometimes drive fans absolutely insane because he can't seem to any longer see the big picture or just being too stubborn to realize that he doesn't need to fix what worked in NXT.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Joe is the one guy out of the five that could be positioned as a legitimate equal with Lesnar. He's got the size, the toughness, the submission/MMA type moveset, and hasn't yet been beaten or squashed like most of the others in the fatal five-way. If they want Lesnar to drop the belt he's the one guy in that match that seems to pose a legitimate threat.

Regarding Bailey, I just think she's not as over as they'd hoped and they're moving on. Rebuild her from the bottom and hope it catches on.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
To me they ruined Bayley...she was over but they failed to book her correctly.

The first mistake was her winning the title before Mania...her retaining it at Mania felt underwhelming. They just rushed it all.

The ridiculous amount of title changes with that belt has ruined its credibility and thus ruined some of the girls around it. Luckily for Charlotte they moved her to SD...