• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2017-2018 MLB Off-Season

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know the postseason just started, but there will still be a lot of news going on.

Saw a report yesterday that Paul Molitor was "invited" back for 2018, but nothing is signed.

Anyone else find that a bit odd?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
It is odd. It's like they wanna fire him but they don't want to take responsibility for it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So, @Millz and @Unity thoughts on possibly getting Stanton?

Ohthani has said he will not be signing with the Yankees, Blue Jays, A's and Red Sox. I still believe that he is going to end up in L.A with the Dodgers.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
So, @Millz and @Unity thoughts on possibly getting Stanton?

Ohthani has said he will not be signing with the Yankees, Blue Jays, A's and Red Sox. I still believe that he is going to end up in L.A with the Dodgers.
Mixed emotions. He's the man, obviously. But the cost to get him, his contract and the fact he can opt out in 2020 makes me leery of it.

I don't think he'd approve a trade here anyway. It would be awesome to have him, however.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Mixed emotions. He's the man, obviously. But the cost to get him, his contract and the fact he can opt out in 2020 makes me leery of it.

I don't think he'd approve a trade here anyway. It would be awesome to have him, however.
What Millz said. It’s been really sounding like he wants to go with the Giants, even after we made a deal with more money apparently. I’d be shocked if we got him. If we did, i’d Be happy. But i’d Also be happy with Yelich, their closer, and signing Hosmer.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What Millz said. It’s been really sounding like he wants to go with the Giants, even after we made a deal with more money apparently. I’d be shocked if we got him. If we did, i’d Be happy. But i’d Also be happy with Yelich, their closer, and signing Hosmer.
FWIW, Jonah Keri believes that he will end up with the Cardinals since they have better prospects to give up, and the Giants have none. He thinks that Luke Weaver will be the key prospect in the trade.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't heard Luke Weaver's name yet but it doesn't surprise.

I've heard it all centers from Sandy Alcantara...and I've heard they want Jose Martinez and Michael Wacha. Wacha and Martinez' names surprise me because they are pretty mediocre lol

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'm bummed that Ohtani will refuse to sign with the Jays but it comforts me that he won't be a Yankee or a Red Sox as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never had any hopes that Ohthani was going to sign here in Toronto. I’m still crushed that I was not proven wrong, but not as much as I was with losing on Darvish and Dice-K at the time.

Looking more and more that he’s going to land in Seattle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 0
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 1
Mirage General Discussion 0
Babe_Ruth Hockey 99
Millz Hockey 289