• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2016 Wrestling Hall of Fame inductees *possible spoilers*

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sting to be the first inductee into the Hall of Fame this year. It's well deserved, but there are folks out there who don't like it because his WWE tenure has been so short. They don't get the concept that the WWE Hall of Fame has become the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame.

The guy should be in the Hall, even if his WWE resume is so short.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The only reason I'd question it is if he's retired or not

I guess he...is? haha

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Has a HoF member ever wrestled after induction? I'm hoping that he has at least one more left in him...or 10. It's bittersweet seeing my favorite wrestler in this spot. I knew it would happen someday but I always was left wanting...

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Good question...I do not know the answer.

I know Edge went in after he retired...did Hogan wrestle after? It usually signifies the end, I think. But there might have been a case that I cannot remember.

Its funny sometimes I can't even remember who is in and who isn't. I took me a while to remember that Rock wasn't, haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think he's pretty much done. I think his induction probably means his neck so bad he won't work again.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Has a HoF member ever wrestled after induction? I'm hoping that he has at least one more left in him...or 10. It's bittersweet seeing my favorite wrestler in this spot. I knew it would happen someday but I always was left wanting...

Actually, there is.one....Ric Flair was inducted the eve of his final match in WWE vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 24. To my knowledge, he was the only active wrestler (well at least for 24 hours) to be inducted in the Hall of Fame. With the diagnosis of spinal stenosis looming for Sting, I'd be very surprised if they ever allow him to wrestle again.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Hogan still wrestled in WWE after he was inducted. It's unlikely Sting will wrestle again but I'm sure the door is still open for him. And of course, Flair should induct him. There's no question.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Are you sure Hogan worked one match in WWE after he was inducted? Yeah, he did several appearances but I'm not sure he worked a WWE match after his induction.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hogan was inducted in 2005...so that's in April.

He fought Shawn Michaels at that Summerslam as well (2005)...so that's after his induction.

And Randy Orton too...that was in 2006.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
And you're correct. I didn't remember the year Hogan was inducted in the Hall of Fame.