• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hockey 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
You all are nuts haha...he's the smartest hockey guy in the business right now. My Dad gets angry whenever we get stuck on NBC Sports...only because he can't listen to Pang. That and NBC Sports usually suck monkey ass, of course.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's because you watch the American broadcast. The guys on TSN and some on CBC(Canadian Broadcast) are ten times better than Pang, and it's not even close.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Pang once said on TSN that Subban is playing the "white" way instead of saying "playing the right way"
That sounds like it could have been an unintentional slip. If there wasn't, I'm sure there'd be a youtube clip of it somewhere.

What I can't stand in the home announcers is when the Sharks' Randy Hahn talks about the job being hard and telling people once in awhile that you have to try calling the came watching your TV to see how hard it is. Well... no, no it's not that hard because I've seen the spots and view from the broadcaster's area in the rink, and you get to see the WHOLE rink, including benches and who's coming off and on and when. I don't even get that kind of difference playing Overhead 2 view instead of Broadcast view in my NHL game let alone be able to watch a real life telecast like that.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That took a whole two seconds:

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
That was either a slip like I said, or a VERY well planned whateveryouwanttocallit.

I mean he's an experienced commentator, but it's still hard to keep words straight when you get that deep into an uninterrupted segment. It's hard to tell, but I really don't think it's that intentional. It COULD have been planned, but you cannot tell.

I don't know... maybe his wife is white and said something about Subban the previous day and he's just trying to flatter her on his job. Stranger things have happened. Maybe they went to see Snow White the previous day at the theater or something and he added one in there just for fun. It happens.

I don't know. It really is a toss-up. Could indeed be the end of a long day for him.

In any event, you're tearing down Millz's world. I think we should back off Pang. As long as he doesn't narrate my NHL games anytime soon, I'm fine.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's because you watch the American broadcast. The guys on TSN and some on CBC(Canadian Broadcast) are ten times better than Pang, and it's not even close.
I guess whenever you're calling games for terrible teams like literally all the ones in Canada you gotta practice a little bit harder to sound smart.

Was that too much? I kid around, of course haha :D

Panger is still the best though.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Pang is phenomenal. I've never heard an announcer that is so in love with the game of hockey. Great guy, does charity (I bought one of his shirts for a good cause once), and is incredibly knowledgable about the game. Much better than anything I've heard nationally or globally for that matter.

The Blues need to start scoring some goals. They're be-bopping and scatting and I'm LOSING IT!!!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We'll just have to agree to disagree with, Pang. lol.

None the less, Berglund just tied the game with about fifteen minutes left. Should be a fun end of the game.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So glad we at least are giving ourselves a chance now. This damn game is giving me a heart attack.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I just realized I confused Pang with Doc Emerick (the one with the annoying voice). So then, Pang is ok, the slip on Subban is whatever the F it was, and I don't know what's going on here.