• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hockey 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally, I believe Chicago is going to tie the series up tonight. I think Elliott will have a bad game and that’s what is going to cost them the game. No way, he’s holding the Blackhawks off the scoring sheet two games in a row in the playoffs.

I know I won’t get a like from Millz or Unity on this post. LOL.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Haha I definitely won't like it. And you're just hoping that Allen will get a chance in between the pipes for your playoff pool! What actually makes you think Elliott would slump? He's been

Not that he can't, any goalie can, I just don't have a reason to think he suddenly would tonight.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Looks like my program sorta worked. Woke up just in time to see the first regulation goal between the Blues and Hawks scored with under 5 minutes remaining in the 2nd period of game 2. So that's equal goals in overtime and regulation in this series.

Oh, and this just in....

It was scored off a rare turnover off a 40-goal scorer IN THE REGULAR SEASON.

But then again, I'm sure they'd rather have their 4th line right wing out there shooting that puck just as well.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Brian Elliott should continue to be the starter for the Blues. He's been our best player so far.

So yeah, tonight...that happened. I don't know what to say about it. It seemed like it coulda been an offsides but to me it seemed too close to change it. I dunno, that's how it goes for the Blues.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I know it sucks to lose like that, but the play was offsides.

Puck hasn't crossed completely over the line. Player is over the line with his skate clearly off the ice. By rule, that is offsides. It was super close, but indisputable.

Blues dominated at least the first half of the game before the Hawks really got going. The second part of the game was really exciting with a lot of end to end action. Duncan Keith was the difference maker, with a goal and an assist and several big plays on the defensive end.

Both goaltenders have been outstanding in the first two games. I have a feeling at least one of the games in Chicago will be high-scoring.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Predators take Game 1 over the Ducks. Should be a fun series. The Preds are a talented team and were a tough out for the Hawks in the first round last year. If I remember correctly, Shea Weber got hurt in that series and missed several games, otherwise who knows what would have happened. But yeah, the Ducks are going to have their hands full.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
That's an even better picture than the TV (standard definition I have). I thought it was the next frame where you can't see the puck that his skate lifted off the ice.

Weird series. Felt like the Hawks earned the game that they lost and the Blues earned the game that they lost. I bet if that Blues player rushing back for the empty net puck would have known that a quick goal off the faceoff was a realistic possibility, he would have made a better diving effort to keep it out and go into that net.

I wish I had actually put this one for 7 games now not 6. I have the Ducks/Preds in 6.

Teams I'm most confident in still after watching everyone play now: Stars and Penguins.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sucks for the Blues no doubt, but like @Major showed by the picture, the replays got both calls right.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
It was offside. I am a stupid Newfie after having a 2.5cm tear to my brain and even I seen it was offside. Listening to Darren Pang cry like a baby was good thou...

Also these playoffs suck... when does all games get shown on a more neutral broadcast? So stupid watching homer networks...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ready for some Capitals vs. Flyers. Excited for this game. I think it's the best series out of the Eastern Conference.

I think Simmonds is going to get what he deserves tonight.