• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hockey 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
PIT and TB win? Yes, that's great.

Why oh why does game 1 have to go to friggin overtime? I can't take this.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow what a crazy goal for Backes...lucky for sure.

Awesome to win game 1 but so much game left to play. We've gone up 2-0 on LAK and CHI before only to drop the next 4 so I know not to get too excited.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Well, I picked the worst time to go get a drink. Missed the damn goal! Haha.

I'm happy with the results of all of the games. I know I won't be able to say the same thing tomorrow.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
There WAS NO GOAL, just a defenseman's failure to lift his stick and skate (you would think they train them nowadays to have that at the back of their minds and GET THE SHIT IN THE AIR!!!)...

Yeah that was an underimpressive game. I watched the majority of it and it seemed like the Blues were just on damage control the whole time. I'd be happy for them if they won, but I think regardless of who comes out of this series, neither is going to make it past the next round. Unless something unique happens to inspire either team to go the whole way, whoever comes out of this series is probably doomed.

Meanwhile, that was some scary shit with Lundquist in the Rangers game. He is basically their only hope and although I don't think they were going to win that game anyways based on eventual goal totals, he's got to not have something that physically and psychologically bad happen for the team to have a shot.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Penguins put five the Rangers net minders yesterday, that’s scary when you think about it. Hornquist had a hat trick and Crosby had a goal and two assists. And, even if Fleury wasn’t in goal, his back-up Zatkoff made thirty-seven saves. Penguins are a real scary team right now. This may be like 2009 all over again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Guess it was good I picked PIT to go to the finals eh? haha

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Would have liked to see the Hawks take Game 1, and it sucks to lose in overtime on a fluky goal, but overall I was happy with the way they played. Thought they had control of the game most of the time, and honestly, that was the best they've looked defensively all season. Just need to be better on the power play. Getting Keith back should help on both ends of the ice. Pressure is still on the Blues to win Game 2 and keep home ice. If the series goes to Chicago 1-1, it feels like the Hawks are leading.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Would have liked to see the Hawks take Game 1, and it sucks to lose in overtime on a fluky goal, but overall I was happy with the way they played. Thought they had control of the game most of the time, and honestly, that was the best they've looked defensively all season. Just need to be better on the power play. Getting Keith back should help on both ends of the ice. Pressure is still on the Blues to win Game 2 and keep home ice. If the series goes to Chicago 1-1, it feels like the Hawks are leading.
I definitely thought CHI outplayed STL in the game. The CHI powerplay may not have scored but the quickness and crispness of the passes made ours look like we were going in slow motion.

Also, kudos to the CHI defense for blocking so many shots. It was unreal.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Excellent game between the Panthers and Islanders. Happy with the outcome.

Now time to watch the Sharks lose. Haha.