Hockey 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Sportsnet made me pretty sour last night with their opening sequence before the game, you know where the usual Tom Tompson (b0undless) excellent displays were shown. Last night the NHL/Sportsnet decided to treat the game as a mere marketing tool for Hollywood, turning the introduction video into a giant commercial for Independence Day 2.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Big win for the Sharks last night, but they still need to win Game 4 for me to believe they have any chance. But at least they played a little better. They still don't look like the same team that dominated the Blues.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's looking like this series will be done in five. Sharks totally outplayed last night.

Also, looks a lot like Kessel is going to win the Conn Smyth and that would be the cherry on top of it all. He was crucified for his play Toronto by the media for no reason - especially by that loser Steve Simmons.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
I just think Crosby has made a bigger impact. He has 3 GWG. His faceoff % is insanely good. He is second in points, behind Kessel. I just feel that Crosby just has a bigger impact on the team as a whole over what Kessel brings. With that sad, I don't really care if Kessel won it either. Actually Kessel winning will give me more joy as Steve Simmons stomach eats itself from the inside as all of the anger and frustration boils over. I'll get him a hotdog!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm surprised the Sharks were able to push the series to a sixth game. Now if they can just win one game at home...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Sharks had 37 shots directed at net. The Pens had 47 on net, 77 directed at net.

Sharks got ridiculously lucky. They got dominated and won. It happens, it won't happen again if they play like that.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Feeling happy for the Penguins, especially for Pascal Dupuis, who'll end his career on the best note possible.

Now, Marc Bergevin, take note: this is how you build a Stanley Cup Champion team. Not by doing the shit you've been doing this year.