• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hockey 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The same could probably be said about most teams. With the way the salary cap is structured, it's near-impossible to compete for the Cup year after year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Stars seem to have a big edge for that top seed in the Central. They win the tiebreaker with St. Louis and have an easier finish on Saturday (at home vs. Nashville) than St. Louis (home vs. Washington).

I think the Blues will catch a break and get Grubauer rather than Holtby, though. Fairly certain Holtby is going to play in the finale against Anaheim Sunday. He won't play in both.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The Ducks.

Well, the Sharks in recent years have exercised their Detroit demons and their Vancouver demons. Maybe this is the year they do the same to those god awful human beings from Anaheim?

Probably not. Haha.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'd rather play the Blues than the Stars. I think the Hawks match up better with them. Blues won 3 of the 5 meetings this season, but none in regulation.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Blues in 4. No doubt about it. Bet the farm.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Some exciting match-ups. Really interested to see how the Panthers are going to perform. It will be awesome to see Jagr in the playoffs once again. Also, are the Blues finally going to get over the hump? Or, Chicago are going to kick them out of the first round once again?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yessa. I'm really liking some of these matchups. I seriously doubt the Sharks can get revenge, so when they lose my attention will most likely shift to the winner of Panthers/Islanders. I'd really like to see either of those teams make a big run in the East.

As for the West, I'll most likely root for the Kings to finish the job after putting the rabid Sharks down. Haha. I know some people are sick of seeing Kings/Hawks, but I'd definitely be down at least one more battle between those two.

Yeah, yeah, I should probably have more faith in the Sharks. But as a fan of a choke artist, you kinda gotta look ahead sooner than later. Haha.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
What I hope happens:

Blues over Blackhawks (duh)
Wild over Stars (Dallas is good so let's get rid of them)
Predators over Ducks (same as above)
Sharks over Kings (Don't like LA)

Capitals over Flyers (Kinda like WAS)
Penguins over Rangers (Don't like NYR)
Islanders over Panthers (Liked NYI as a kid for no apparent reason)
Lightning over Red Wings (Like TB b/c of Bishop, hate DET)

What I think will actually happen:

Blackhawks over Blues (#Pessimism)
Stars over Wild (Dallas is real damn good)
Ducks over Predators (Anaheim is real damn good)
Kings over Sharks (The damn Kings always find ways to win, SJ is Blues'ish)

Capitals over Flyers (Caps really are that damn good)
Penguins over Rangers (Toss-up match-up)
Panthers over Islanders (I think ultimately the young Panthers do it)
Lightning over Red Wings (I think it'll be a close series)