• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hockey 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
parody

Nobody's pairing off and boarding a boat to survive the flood. It's parody.
Can't tell if you're being serious or not.

parity - the state or condition of being equal, especially regarding status or pay.

parody - an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Definitely.

inb4 everybody picks the Blues to win the Cup for the 6th straight year. Hey, one of these times you're bound to be right, right? Haha
Haha. Yeah, I've definitely learned my lesson on that one.

Last edited:

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Can't tell if you're being serious or not.
Serious. I thought you made up a word. I thought they consider it funny that lower teams upset the top ones so much. That's strange that another actual word would sound so close to the one that's more common, familiar, and indicative of what goes on when this happens.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last year I picked the Blues just to avoid thinking haha

I don't think I've picked us anytime before that. Ya know, bc its pointless :)

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
IF the Blues are healthy, especially in between the pipes, I'm optimistic about our playoff chances this year. Normally I fear the Blackhawks, but I don't this year. I think that we can take them.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Blues have a lot of talent, they have one of the best scorers in the NHL, good defensive core, good coaching and a solid defensive core, but when it comes to the playoffs it just seems like everything stops going their way. They can’t put it all together for a full series, hence why they have problems going to the second round.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Blues are to the Western Conference as the Capitals are to the Eastern Conference.

Regular season means nothing if you can't get it done when it matters.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Speaking of the Capitals, I think it's a two-year window. This year or next. If it doesn't happen one of these two years, it may not happen.