• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hockey 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Seems like the Western Conference is mostly set. Avs still have an outside chance, but it looks like the Wild will clinch the last spot before too long.

Great battle in the East between the Bruins, Flyers, and Wings for two spots. Wings play both the Bruins and Flyers in their final three games. Hopefully their 7,000 year playoff streak will come to an end.

Are the Lightning dead without Stamkos?

Lots of great storylines heading into the playoffs. Can't wait!

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Hopefully their 7,000 year playoff streak will come to an end.
Yeah, I hear that was one of the lesser known discussed topics at The Last Supper.

Disciple: "So Jesus, when do you think this second coming is going to be?"
Jesus: "I don't know, I was going to wait until Heavenly Father says so, but now that I think about it... I might just wait for the Detroit Red Wings to miss the Stanley Cup Playoffs again"
Disciple: "You think that's long enough? 2016 was pretty long ago, but they could lose any given year now".
Jesus: "No, they'll last until at least the 2000's after my death. It's a much longer time than you think. I'm pretty confident that by then, even Heavenly Father is going to be sick of them making it every year".

They simply left that part out of the Bible. You know??? King's edits. (ACTUAL Kings, not the hockey team) ;)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Tampa Bay are pretty much done without Stamkos, unless Bishop plays like Giguere did during the Stanley cup where he won the Conn Smyth.

Canadiens are out which makes me sad, but I’ll still watch as much as I can(Blue Jays will take priority). I don’t have a “second team” but I think it would be cool to see the Capitals finally take that next step which has eluded them for a very long time.

Konshentz

Konshentz
My absolute worst nightmare is that the Sharks will have to play the Kings in the first round. Haha.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ugh probably gonna be Hawks and Blues and thus another first round defeat. I'm used to it though.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
That's just how it goes now if you don't win your division. There are no easy matchups anymore with all the parity. Even the wildcard teams are tough outs.

Not sure how good the Sharks really are since I haven't seen them play much this year, but any of the other teams in the Western Conference are good enough to advance.

The East is intriguing this year as well. Penguins/Rangers would be a fun first round series with how well the Pens are playing right now. Caps vs Bruins/Red Wings/Flyers? Yes please.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don’t think the Rangers want anything to do with the Penguins. That is a very dangerous team. The top two lines are as good as anyone's. That second line with Hagelin and Kessel has been really good of late, and Sidney Crosby flipped a switch half way through the season and decided to be himself again.

The Rangers are limping into the playoffs. Ryan McDonagh is out indefinitely with a broken hand.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I agree, there are definitely no easy outs. I'm just still haunted by the last time the Sharks faced the Kings in the first round. I'd rather they face the Ducks... I think. Haha.

Oh and is anyone down for playoff pick'em again?