• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2016 NFL Draft thread

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The Buckeyes were well-represented. Three in the Top 10 and five in the first round. I may have to force myself to cheer for the Cowboys now that they drafted Zeke.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So Tunsil admits last that he did indeed take cash from his coach.Which means Millsaps is about to be put on probation.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
So last night I watched a grand total of 0 seconds of the NFL Draft...it's crazy for me to think about since the past few years I've been literally counting down the days and did a crap ton of research and now I don't barely give a shit.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
So last night I watched a grand total of 0 seconds of the NFL Draft...it's crazy for me to think about since the past few years I've been literally counting down the days and did a crap ton of research and now I don't barely give a shit.
As a sportfan myself, I know this sucks for you. I thought about you and Scoundrel last night. This has to suck. I'm sorry, man. It would break my heart to see the Cowboys, Spurs or Astros leave.

I'm ok with the Elliott pick, I think the guy is going to be a stud, BUT:

1) If your philosophy is "anyone can run behind this OLine", why would you take a RB this high?

2) Once his rookie deal is done, and let's say the guy is a badass, do you pay him top money or let him go? If you're going to pay top money for a RB, why didn't you give that money to Murray?

3) If you DO give him top money, how are you going to resign everyone on your OLine when their deals are up? Being that you built this OLine with First round picks and they are pretty damn good and will get lots of attention in FA.

Just seems they aren't sticking to a philosophy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm ok with the Elliott pick, I think the guy is going to be a stud, BUT:

1) If your philosophy is "anyone can run behind this OLine", why would you take a RB this high?
That’s been the biggest knock with that pick. He’s going to be a damn good running back, he may even win offensive rookie of the year, I agree with the pick, but have no problem people questioning picking a running back at number four.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Curious if anyone takes the bait at Jakeem Grant. Little Darren Sproles type (except faster) out of Texas Tech.

BigBob

Registered Member
Round One: WR Laquoun Treadwell
Some consider the best overall wide receiver in the draft with his only knock, and in my opinion the most overrated measurable for a receiver, being his speed. Rumor is his previous injury was not 100% healed and when it does, his speed will increase, but we got Teddy Bridgewater the big threat we have been missing for a while on the outside and it will open up things for Stefon Diggs, Charles Johnson, Jarius Wright and hopefully an improved Cordarelle Patterson who is on his last chance in Minnesota.

Round Two: CB Mackensie Alexander

I like the player but I am unsure of how I feel about us taking a corner so early. It is clearly a pick that we are looking forward to the future for to replace Captain Munnerlyn/Terrence Newman and the kid is a shut down corner.

Round Four: OT Willie Beavers

Rated as one of the worst offensive lineman in the NCAA (I do not like using PFF, but I think he was rated 311 out of 312), has the ability to play everywhere because of his athleticism. My biggest issue is, Andrew Billings was still on the board (and went to the Bengals with the next pick). I felt he was a MUST for us to take, especially in the third round. He was talked about being the best defensive tackle in the draft and fell because of the whole Baylor issues going on and a rumor (that was debunked) that he may have a lingering injury.

Round Five: ILB Kentrell Brothers
A lot of Viking fans wanted us to trade back into the first round, or up into the second to draft Myles Jack. We wanted to three amigos from UCLA. We did not get him, obviously. However, we do get the leading tackler in the NCAA. If he proves to be worth while, we can slide him into the middle and bounce Kendricks to the outside where he is more comfortable and better (even though he was good on the inside, outside is more natural for him).

Millz will know a lot more about him then I will.

Round Six: WR Moritz Boehringer
The "freak" of the draft. 6'4, 227, sub 4.4. He is a gamble, but a gamble in the sixth round is not going to hurt the team. If he can catch, he is going to bounce someone out of Minnesota and most just hope that it will not be local favorite Adam Thielen.

Round Six: David Morgan II
A blocking tight end for us is a must with the question marks surrounding Rhett Ellison, our swiss army knife of the offense. Morgan is a good blocker who can catch. Most likely going to be used on running situations until Ellison is back.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
As a sportfan myself, I know this sucks for you. I thought about you and Scoundrel last night. This has to suck. I'm sorry, man. It would break my heart to see the Cowboys, Spurs or Astros leave.
Thanks, Cap. I appreciate it. I did follow the draft somewhat for the Chiefs but it was tougher than it used to be with our team because I didn't know as much about my team's depth and needs. We picked a CB and a DT, and of course the first year the Chiefs are my top team we lost a 3rd round pick for tampering and will lose a 7th round next year. We picked two additional CBs in the 3rd and 4th round as well as a Guard in the 4th. I know that today we drafted a QB named Hogan but I know the following about him:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
One thing that's surprising me out of the draft is that the Chiefs are loading up on CBs. In a pass-heavy NFL climate, a strong secondary is a wise investment. They may be layering up in one area, but with last season's NFL defensive rookie of the year Marcus Peters on the team, having even more potential strength in the secondary could continue to be pretty formidable defensively.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So, I guess that Sam Bradford & Colin Kaepernick both won't get what they want this year.
And Bradford is being a whiny bitch about the whole thing. Dude walked out of OTA's and stopped answering calls from the team.