• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2016 NFL Draft thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know it's still early, but I figured I would start the thread anyway.

Urban Meyer also said Joey Bosa, , Ezekiel Elliott and Cardale Jones are definitely gone.

Jared Goff and Paxton Lynch officially declared today.

Robert Nkemdiche in as well.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'll watch the first 10-15 pick like I always do... with very little knowledge of what's going on or who any of these people are. I'll listen to the buzz and see if there are any potential running backs I can snag in the later rounds of the fantasy draft. Haha.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Urban Meyer also said Joey Bosa, , Ezekiel Elliott and Cardale Jones are definitely gone.
Darron Lee, Eli Apple, Tyvis Powell, and Jalin Marshall have also declared for the draft. Vonn Bell and Michael Thomas will most likely be declaring as well. There are going to be a shitload of Buckeyes drafted. I'd love it if the Bears got Elliott, but I'm not sure they'd use an early 1st round pick on a RB.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What do you think of Goff, @Major ?

I am particularly underwhelmed by him. He throws a lot of interceptions even against Colleges that aren't that great.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
What do you think of Goff, @Major ?

I am particularly underwhelmed by him. He throws a lot of interceptions even against Colleges that aren't that great.
I remember him having a pretty decent game against Ohio State as a true freshman a couple years ago. To be honest, I haven't watched him play much since then besides Cal's recent bowl game where he put up monster numbers. I can't really say what I think of him as an NFL prospect. This seems to be a weak draft for QB's though.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Draft is tonight.

The first two picks are a given, and I suspect the Chargers will take Tunsil. It's the Cowboys' pick at 4 where things will start to get interesting. I think they'd be wise to grab Elliott. Plug him behind that line with a healthy Romo and Dallas will win the East easily.

BigBob

Registered Member
Fingers crossed that Josh Doctson falls to us tonight. If we do not take him, I really want us to take Tyler Boyd tomorrow night.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Saw a mock draft that had the Dallas trading back into the first round and taking Connor Cook ahead of Lynch, who will be an interesting case.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Screw the Rams and Goodell. Just a reminder.

Eagles go with Wentz as predicted. I'm just here for the Chiefs, who pick really late in the round. I may not be watching that closely this year.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I might sound crazy saying this but upon seeing the Broncos draft Paxton Lynch after moving up to get him, I'm thinking that Lynch could very well have more success than Goff or Wentz. At least, Wentz. Just my opinion. I've seen a couple of games from Lynch and I loved what I've seen from him. They pretty much took a guy the same size than Brock Osweiler to replace him.

So, I guess that Sam Bradford & Colin Kaepernick both won't get what they want this year.