• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2016 NBA Off-Season thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Lakers only have $26M committed of a $92M salary cap for next season. They could do more than any team in history.

Speculations are that LeBron will go there since with Kobe out of the picture, the Lakers will be lacking a big star..

All that being said, I don't think he's going anywhere.

4everKnicksLife

Registered Member
Knicks head coaching search, or lack thereof, has been frustrating. Kurt Rambis has a career losing record and imo should not be head coach of the Knicks, or really any NBA team. But, that seems to be who Phil will hire anyway, because at this point, it seems he doesn't want an actual coach, but just someone who'll do whatever he tells them to do. Obviously, I don't think that'll work. What's even worse is he doesn't even seem interested in conducting a real coaching search. Reportedly, Tom Thibodeau was interested in being head coach of the Knicks, and even Melo said had the Knicks given him an offer, Thibs would be coaching the Knicks. He was the clear best coach available and an excellent fit, for the most part. But, of course Phil had no interest and didn't even bother to interview him and Thibs went to the Twolves. It's just Thibs either. Phil hasn't done his due dilligence at all. Hasn't interviewed anyone really aside from Rambis, Blatt, and maybe Walton, but failed to even talk to JVG, Ewing, Thibs, Vogel, etc. I'm hoping the Knicks hire Frank Vogel. He'd be a great hire, but unfortunately, I think Phil will hire Rambis.

Also, I read that DeMar DeRozan wants to play for the Lakers, according to ESPN. And Spurs could potentially try to sign Mike Conley in free agency. Knicks need to do something in free agency obviously. We don't have a draft pick (smh Bargnani), and need to improve the backcourt, especially PG. Conley would be a perfect fit, but we'll see what happens.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heard about the DeRozan rumours. Not surprised at all since he's from Compton, and the lack of support by Raptors fans during the playoffs have not helped when it comes to making him want to stay here.

Like I mentioned in the OP, the Lakers have a lot of cap space. They can definitely offer him max money if they truly wanted to.

4everKnicksLife

Registered Member
They could offer him max money, but should/will they? Imo DeRozan isn't a max level player, but with the salary cap increasing, that probably won't matter, as he'll likely get the max anyway.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They could offer him max money, but should/will they? Imo DeRozan isn't a max level player, but with the salary cap increasing, that probably won't matter, as he'll likely get the max anyway.
Don't let his playoff run dictate the real DeRpzan. He's struggled early on but he's been on fire lately, and he had a real amazing regular season. And, I think he's only going to get better on both sides of the ball.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 1
4 NBA 7
TheRealVJ NBA 8
Babe_Ruth NBA 36
Babe_Ruth NBA 5