• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2016 NBA Free Agency Thread

4everKnicksLife

Registered Member
Teams are already making moves. Rose to the Knicks. Teague to the Pacers. NBA Draft is tomorrow. Free agency starts July 1. It should be fun as always, but especially with the salary cap rising and so many potential trades as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Should be interesting to see what the Lakers do since they'll have so much salary cap space to make some major moves.

And, in hoping Masai is able to re-sign DeRozan. Losing him would be a huge blow to this team, IMO.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Whiteside is staying in Miami for a rumored 4/98.

And Batum for 5/120! He was good last year, but he averaged 15 a game and turns 28 this season. He's two years removed from being behind Wesley Matthews, Robin Lopez and Arron Afflalo in a team's pecking order.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Matthew Dellavedova's deal with the Bucks would make him one of the top 5 or 6 highest paid players in the NHL. This is a guy who comes off the bench and averaged about 6 minutes and 2 points per game in the Finals with the Cavs.

Mike Conley re-signed in Memphis for 5 years/$153 million. That's just insane.

Fucking NBA.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm a big Mike Conley fan, always thought him one of the league's most underrated players, yet I completely agree with you. Committing 153 million to an injury-prone undersized 170 lb guard who's never been an all star and is now entering the downside of his career? WTF?

I knew a big bump in spending was coming, all the smart guys told us so, yet these numbers still just seem unreal to me.

4everKnicksLife

Registered Member
I'm loving this offseason so far for the Knicks!! Some great moves made. First, trading for Rose, which as I said in another thread was a low risk, high reward type trade that helps the Knicks significantly by providing a major improvement at PG. Next, signing Joakim Noah. 4yrs/$72 million deal reportedly. The salary of the deal is fine imo, especially with the salary cap rising. However, I do think a 1 or 2 yr deal would've been better than 4. Overall though, solid signing. Great fit, provides defense and rim protection, rebounding, hustle, energy, and leadership. Good chemistry with Rose as well and being a veteran, he can help Porzingis too. Then Knicks signed Courtney Lee. 4yrs/$50 million deal reportedly, which in this market, is a GREAT deal. Lee reportedly took less money to sign w/ the Knicks and is another great fit. Already had Rose, Melo, KP, Noah. Needed a SG that could defend and shoot the ball and got exactly that and more in Lee. He's a reliable veteran, who can shoot the 3, but is also a really good defender and durable. Brandon Jennings for a 1yr/$5 million is a BARGAIN. Coming off the bench with something to prove, Jennings will excel, being the backup PG plus providing scoring off the bench. Also, Knicks re-signed Lance Thomas, who also reportedly took less money to stay with the Knicks. He's very underrated. Good defensively, plays hard, competes, provides energy, good shooter, still young and improving, and a glue guy off the bench. Great offseason for the Knicks so far. I think the Knicks may make another move or two to improve the bench a little more, but I'm very excited for this coming season. Obviously, health will be key, but this is a really good team right now.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Bucks pay $52 million over 4 years for Miles freaking Plumlee.

4everKnicksLife

Registered Member
Bucks already have Henson and Monroe at center, drafted Thon Maker who's a center, and re-signed Plumlee to a $52 million deal, another center. I'm guessing they'll likely try to trade Monroe or Henson. Maker isn't NBA ready yet, needs to develop and improve A LOT, so he probably won't get much playing time. Plumlee will probably be their backup center, with Henson or Monroe starting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 1
TheRealVJ NBA 8
Babe_Ruth NBA 4
Babe_Ruth NBA 36
Babe_Ruth NBA 5