• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2016 MLB Postseason

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blue Jays won their game today which means they'll host the Baltimore Orioles in the first wild card game on Tuesday. Apparently, Tillman takes the mound for Baltimore and either Stroman or Liriano will pitch for the Jays. For the most part, the jays play well against the O's, especially Tillman. So, hoping for more of the same on Tuesday night.

Worst of luck @Doc haha!

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Is there any chance that if Liriano gets the start and he struggles a bit, we could see Stroman coming from the bullpen and vice versa? How much of a leash you're giving the starter on Tuesday night?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Short leash. I think a lot of pitchers will be available out of the pen. You have to be smart with your decisions out there. Win move on, lose and you go home.

Go Jays.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Here's the bracket.

Let's go anybody but the Cubs.

I'd like to see the Jays or the Indians make it on the AL side. On the NL side, I'm rooting for the Nationals most probably but if the Giants or Mets can eliminate the Cubs they'll become my super best friends.

Honestly, I'll follow results but I may not watch anything until the Series, and that all depends on who's playing. It's my favorite sport so that feels like sacrilege, but with the Cards and Royals both out it's tough to get engaged this year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Blue Jays officially named their starter and it will be Marcus Stroman. Stroman usually rises up to these type of high pressure games so I'm fine with the decision. That said, he hasn't received any run support in his last few starts and that will need to change tonight.

I'm oretty nervous right now. Go Jays.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Man I really hope the Jays win...not only for you guys but I wanna see Texas v Toronto again haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of people want to see the Rangers vs. Blue Jays again. And, even though they finished with one of the best records in the big league, I say bring them on. Jays have been under-performing offensively in the last two months or so, but they have one of the best hitting line-ups in the big leagues. This is a whole new season, in my opinion. What happened in the regular season doesn’t matter. Fresh start, and I think the Jays hitters show what their made of tonight.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Other than the fucking loser who threw that beer, what a great game that was. So much energy from the crowd. Great start from Stroman and the bullpen was just as strong. Can't say enough about the amazing defence last night. And, oh, that's right. Edwin' walk-off beauty.

Bring on fucker Odor and the Rangers.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
As a fan without a team in the race this year, I am excited to see this series.

Sucks that one dumb fan is making Toronto look bad. What a dumb idiot...what goes through some peoples heads?

lasly, how does Buck not use Zach Britton? Yikes.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was shocked, and pleased that Buck didn’t use Britton. Me and my friends all thought he was injured because he only warmed up once then we didn’t see him again afterwards. Before last season, the jays didn’t give us fans many memories, well that has changed last year with the batflip and this year with the walk-off three-run home run from Edwin.