2016-17 NHL season

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Happy the Habs were able to clinch, even without Price in nets. I don't care who they end up facing in the playoffs. Some teams do scare me, but I have confidence that the Canadiens can beat anyone out there in a playoff series with a healthy Price.

And, please oh please, Sens miss the playoffs.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
It's 100% sure that they're facing the Rangers. Some people are a bit scared about it but given the way Henrik Lundqvist has performed against the Habs recently, I'm not the least worried.

Unless Chris Kreider strikes again like the last series between both teams.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Price numbers against the Rangers are video game worthy. Not saying it's a for sure series win, but I'm pretty confident they can get out of the first round with a win.

The only thing that does worry me, is that the offence go into dry spells way to often, and that can't happen against the Rangers.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kris Letang is done for the playoffs. Neck surgery for a herniated disc, out 4-6 months. That's a huge loss the Penguins.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
He was such a beast for the Penguins in the finals last year. Could be a huge loss for them.

And man, I looked back at his injuries since 2014. Some serious injuries as well. He missed 1/3 of all Penguins games in the past 3 years.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
We have two playoff match-ups confirmed, Habs vs Rags & Pens vs Jackets..so, so far so good imo. As for the Pens losing Letang, big loss for them. They're going to have a tough time against the Blue Jackets without him.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's a rumor that Vladimir Sobotka is coming back to the Blues if they can come to an agreement on a multi-year contract

I think its great...we've really missed him. He's probably not a difference maker but what he does killing penalties and winning faceoffs has value.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The stupid sens clinched a playoff spot last night with a win against the Bruins. The Leafs will need to beat the Penguins on Hockey Night in Canada if they want to clinch their ticket to the playoffs.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Oh yeah, I don't think those are even debatable. That 16-game winning streak sealed the Jack Adams for Torts.

Now, the question: Karlsson or Burns for the Norris?