2016-17 NHL season

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
I've been trying to say that to people all year. A lot of people were upset we traded Elliott...and I wasn't. I think its important to have a clear cut #1 and as long as Brian here that wasn't gonna happen and its obvious our GM believes in Allen.

Don't get me wrong, I am huge Elliott fan and was happy he finally got a chance last year in the playoffs and I'm happy for him again this year because the Flames are gonna make it. But the trade made sense at the time and Hutton is a great backup anyway.

I think Martin Brodeur coaching him has helped as well and you could make the case Jake Allen has been the best goalie in the entire league for the last 2 months...hopefully he keeps it up.
Yeah exactly. Allen is the future. He certainly had some growing pains this season as starter but he's proved in past seasons that he can be great. Brodeur has been such a huge help.

I'm still not overly confident about how far we can go in the playoffs, but with how we're playing lately it will just be fun. I'm just glad to make it in at this point because we really had some lows this season.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Should be fun! Last year SJ and STL played in the West finals so that helped keep three of us chatting but I'll try and chat it up throughout regardless.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Happy the Canadiens clinched a playoff spot last night against the Panthers. Now the team can rest Price for a few games. To be honest, with Price, I don't care who we play. That's the confidence Habs fans should have when the Habs have the best goalie in the NHL.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate when I root to play certain teams in the playoffs and I get them...and we lose haha

These days I am just happy to be in...and whomever we face, we face.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
All I ever do now is set a focal point for the team, and that is the playoffs. I set it at 97 points for the Habs this year and they clinched when they got their 97th point ;). All I want is to get in the playoffs; after that anything can happen. Hoping for a Leafs vs Bruins 1st round rematch right now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Habs can clinch the division with a win tonight against the Panthers. If they do clinch the division, I think you sit Price for the rest of the regular season. No need to risk injury. You lose him, there’s no hope for a Stanley Cup run.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Yes! Secured the Atlantic Division tonight! Bring on the Rangers!

Meanwhile, the Sens are incredibly shooting themselves in the foot and could be out of the playoffs when season ends this weekend. Unreal.