2016-17 NHL season

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blues-Hawks highlights opening night on Wednesday.

Even though I'm all Jays right now, I'm looking forward to the season. Price is back healthy and ready prove that he's still the best goaltender in the NHL.

Expect big things from the Habs did season if Price remains healthy. Will suck with Subban, though.

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
So pumped for the season. I don't know what to expect out of the Blues - more growth and further playoff runs are in my mind, but after losing a few veteran players I wonder if we'll take a slight step back before we go forward. We'll see.

Jake Allen was hurt in our last preseason game, and no info is available yet it seems - I'm pretty nervous about his health since we lost Elliott to Calgary.

I'm definitely excited for the season. Last year's playoff run was awesome and super stressful. I don't expect the Sharks to make another trip to the finals, but I do expect them to win a round or two come April.

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
Man, hockey playoffs can cause the hate to boil and simmer during the offseason in so many cases. San Jose has to be one rare exception - the Blues are eliminated a lot of years, and they're one team that I didn't mind losing to too much and respected. Maybe it's because of you @Konshentz -- usually the hate is strong for teams like the Kings, Blackhawks, etc. haha

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I mostly look forward to see how the Habs will use Lehkonnen and Sergachev early in the season. With all the compliments he's been receiving from coaching staff & teammates, I'm expecting Sergachev to stick around for the whole season. Which makes me wonder how long Alexei Emelin will last with the Habs during this season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope Sergachev does impress in the first nine games because I really want him to stick around for the whole year. I haven't watched many preseason games, but I did read a lot about how he's impressed the Montreal brass so far - which is quite awesome to see and hear.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sidney Crosby has a concussion. No word on how it affects his status for the opener. Would assume they'd exercise caution and hold him out as long as necessary.

I was pretty crushed when I read the news. He was doing well the last few years. This truly sucks.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Apparently, it isn't as serious as first anticipated but still, it sucks that Sid is once again dealing with concussion issues.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Apparently, it isn't as serious as first anticipated but still, it sucks that Sid is once again dealing with concussion issues.
Well, that's good to hear. I do hate the outrage from people that he probably got the concussion at the World Cup. It could have easily happened in the first game of the season.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am excited for tonight...happy to hear Jake Allen is okay.

Yakupov is gonna be right in there...sounds like with Jaskin and Berglund on line 3.