• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2015 WWE Slammy's Discussion thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The nominees for Match of the Year were:
1) Cena-Rollins-Lesnar (Royal Rumble)
2) Sting-Triple H (Wrestlemania)
3) Cena-Owens I (Elimination Chamber)
4) Reigns-Ziggler-Owens-Del Rio (No. 1 contender match from Raw)
5) Lesnar-Undertaker (Hell in a Cell)

The Rumble triple threat and Cena-Owens are legit contenders. Those have been talked about as MOTY candidates since the second they concluded. Sting-Triple H was fun, but not even close to the best match on the card. Lesnar-Taker was fine but it was no better than the third-best Lesnar match of the year.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sting and HHH? Is HHH's ego that big? The match itself sucked haha...it was fun like BR said but the match was bad

EdgeHead

Registered Member
To me, it's most definitely Cena vs Owens I that should win the award. Add to that the shock factor that no one expected Owens to win against John Cena and I think it's worthy enough of the win.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I agree with Edgehead. I no way should Cena vs Owens shouldn't be the match of the year. Not only did it get you out of your seat after every pinfall but it was brutal physically as it comes.