• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2015 NBA Off-season thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So the Clippers basically have Jordan under house arrest to keep him away from the Mavs.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Weird situation with he and Mark Cuban...if I was Cuban I'd be pissed too.

James is officially back in CLE for 1 year, 23 mill...option for a second.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
LeBron James is just taking advantage of the cap going up each year. Don't really blame the guy for doing this. Every year he's going to get more than his last.

Regarding your question, I think he'll be there for a while. They locked up Love long term, they will probably do the same with Thompson soon. Irving will probably be back and there were rumours that they would trade for Joe Johnson and just pay the luxury tax bill.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't blame James either but eventually the Cavs are gonna be only paying him and Love if he's not scareful.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Shaq and Scottie Pippen are having a social media argument over Shaq's contention an all-time Lakers team would beat an all-time Bulls team by 50.

What amuses me is that on an all-time Lakers team, Shaq would be riding the pine as third center behind Kareem and Wilt.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/baske...-year-60m-extension-with-toronto-raptors.html

I like this deal a lot. It would have been a huge lost if the Raptors couldn't re-sign Jonas.

Now, Casey as to realize that he needs to give Jonas more touches. He's a very talented big man that will only get better but Casey doesn't like to involve him late - which I think is a huge mistake. When Jonas is involved in the offense he makes this team much better.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Interesting offseason...a few quick thoughts--

- Warriors are still probably the best team in the league right now. Very talented and deep.
- Spurs adding Aldridge and David West makes them even better. They were already championship contenders and now they're definitely one of the best.
- Clippers are championship contenders too. They re-signed DeAndre Jordan and added Lance Stephenson, Pablo Prigioni, Josh Smith, and Paul Pierce.
- Heat are the second best team in the east imo. Re-signed Goran Dragic. So they have Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside starting, w/ Chalmers, Winslow, Gerald Green, and Amar'e coming off the bench.
- The Knicks definitely improved this offseason. I liked what Phil Jackson did, drafting Porzingis and acquiring Jerian Grant. Signed Robin Lopez, Arron Afflalo, Derrick Williams, Kevin Seraphin, and Kyle O'Quinn. Carmelo is healthy and we added a lot of talent to the team.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 5
Babe_Ruth NBA 9
Babe_Ruth NBA 44
CaptainObvious NBA 70
Babe_Ruth NBA 3