• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2015 NBA Off-season thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Green re-signs with Spurs
Splitter traded to Hawks.
Aldridge possibly to Suprs
Love back to Cleveland.

Apparently, Jordan will choose between the Mavs and Lakers.

Butler signs 5/90 deal with Bulls. Takes the guaranteed cash instead of risking it with a 1-year deal.

DeMarre Carroll signs 4/60 deal with Raptors.

Really happy about the Raptors acquiring Carroll. He brings a presence that the Raptors have been lacking for many seasons. He's tough, he'll do the dirty things.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Love what the Spurs are doing...if this Splitter trade means Aldridge is coming aboard. That's huge.

Stoked Love is going back to Cleveland. Sounds like Tristan Thompson is as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Was really hoping Thompson would eventually land back home in Toronto, but with LeBron probably coming back and Love re-signing long term, not all surprised that he decided to re-sign.

Still hoping for Andrew Wiggins when his rookie deal is done.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have a hard time envisioning Pop trading Splitter to the Hawks if he didn't already have a very good idea Aldridge is coming to the Spurs. I'm really excited.

I heard his visit with the Lakers didn't go well. My spidey sense tells me Bryant was involved in the meeting and I'm sure it was "this is still my team" kind of crap we hear from Kobe.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Having Aldridge in San Antonio is a pretty scary thought.

Even though he's already an all star player, there's still room for improvement and what better mentor than Duncan? Add to that the best coach in the NBA. This would be a terrific signing for the Spurs if he does end up signing there.

Really happy he decided against signing with the Lakers.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wesley Matthews to Dallas also on a four-year, $60M deal. Rondo to the Kings for one year, $9.5M.

The West might be competitive 2 through 8. But the Warriors have everybody coming back and seem resigned to paying a massive luxury tax if they can't get rid of David Lee. So OKC could be a contender if Durant and Westbrook.

The Spurs are pretty scary to me, with or without Aldridge.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Today, ESPN is reporting that the Cavs are looking into a trade for Joe Johnson, using either the Brendan Hayward expiring, non-guaranteed contract as bait, or Anderson Varajeo if the Nets want a big man who can play back. The Lakers also reached an agreement with Lou Williams.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Really really really happy the Spurs got Aldridge as well...just so the Lakers don't get him. God I hate Kobe Bryant.

Tim Duncan ftw

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've been giddy since Saturday when Aldridge announced his decision to sign with SA. I can't wait for the season to start.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 5
Babe_Ruth NBA 9
Babe_Ruth NBA 44
CaptainObvious NBA 70
Babe_Ruth NBA 3