• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2015 NBA Draft thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The lottery is tonight...

In the 30th anniversary of the Ewing lottery, Silver should try to top his predecessor and have the Knicks and Lakers pick 1-2.

:lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What would they expect in return if the Knicks did trade the pick?

I assume someone might trade up to 4 in order to pick between Russell/Mudiay? Anyone else?

thegreatone1964

Registered Member
I see Winslow dropping in Mock Drafts. That confuses me. He would seem to be the Kawhi Leonard/Draymond Green type of player that everyone should want. I guess the Knick figure that Melo is their 3 so they cannot pick Winslow. The Bargnani experiment surely must weigh heavily against the foreign guy that every says is the "next Dirk."

Mixed signals up here in Minny. Flip says he wants a two-way player - which certainly does not say Okafor. But the Mock Drafts are slowly turning to Okafor as the Wolves pick - which would not surprise me because all Flip cares about is offense, and Big Jah will put up good numbers and force double teams.

smh122

Registered Member
Okafor doesnt want to play for Minnesota it appears, so Towns to Wolves seems very likely. But the bigger question is what do the Lakers do at 2? Okafor isnt a lock. LA's guard play has been abysmal, and through the years, LA has never been a team to shy away from drafting guards. I think it's a real good shot, they draft Russell and Okafor falls to the Knicks

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
As far as the Lakers go, Towns who will be a great player and Randle would be a formidable inside presence to build around but it's hard to look beyond Russell's offense.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
What would they expect in return if the Knicks did trade the pick?

I assume someone might trade up to 4 in order to pick between Russell/Mudiay? Anyone else?
I don't know. Maybe a team like the Kings could trade Collison or Stauskas and the 6th pick? That's one of the few trades I'd be okay with.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
smh122 said:
Okafor doesnt want to play for Minnesota it appears, so Towns to Wolves seems very likely. But the bigger question is what do the Lakers do at 2? Okafor isnt a lock. LA's guard play has been abysmal, and through the years, LA has never been a team to shy away from drafting guards. I think it's a real good shot, they draft Russell and Okafor falls to the Knicks
Okafor falling to #4 is best case scenario for Knicks.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Here's why I think that trading down could be the beneficial for the Knicks if Okafor, Towns, and Russell are off the board: http://www.truschoolsports.com/2015/06/ ... own-draft/

I still think Winslow should be the pick if top 3 goes as expected (Towns, Okafor, Russell), but for the right deal, trading down could be the right move. Should be interesting what happens. Can't wait for the draft!!

VJ_Sportsgeek

From what I've heard, stock for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson has been rising. Teams view up as a solid defensive prospect who can definitely attack the rim. Jumpshot remains a liability, but if he puts work into it he could become a steal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 5
Babe_Ruth NBA 17
Babe_Ruth NBA 44
CaptainObvious NBA 70
Babe_Ruth NBA 3