• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2015 MLB Trade Deadline

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Looks like pre-deadline moves have begun. Twitter reports saying Kazmir scratched from start and heading to Houston.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Also earlier today, Aramis Ramirez traded to Pittsburgh. Let's see which teams will counter to those moves, especially in their respective divisions. I'm sure the Cards will react to this Pirates move sooner rather than later.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Back to where he started from with Aramis Ramirez. That guy has been a pain in my ass for like 15 years haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Odd one out of Detroit. If the Tigers want Cespedes in 2016, they might have to trade him in the next eight days. The big feature of his contract with the A's was that it gave him free agency after four years, instead of the usual six, by forcing the team to release him. A team can't put in a qualifying offer in that situation or re-sign the player until the following May.

So if Cespedes is still on the roster at the end of the season, the Tigers have five days to sign him or he's gone.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a...igers-might-trade-cespedes-to-keep-him-072315

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the Tigers should blow it all up and restock the minors.

You mentioned Cespedes but you've also got David Price who is a free agent. You should be able to get alot of those 2 guys.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Wondering what the price would be for the Jays to get David Price....

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst
#Reds did well for Johnny Cueto. Get Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb and Cody Reed. Send cash to KC along with Cueto

Good pick-up for the Royals. Rumours are that the Jays were really interested in Cueto, but the Reds wanted Stroman in return. And, there's no way AA Would trade Stroman for a rental like Cueto. So, if that's the case, I'm real happy the Jays didn't trade with the Reds.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cueto is gone just in time for the Cards to play the Reds, thanks Walt Jocketty!

Now trade Jay Bruce

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Alex Anthopoulos moved a couple of hours ago: SS Troy Tulowitzki & P LaTroy Hawkins are headed to Toronto for SS Jose Reyes, P Miguel Castro & 2 minor leaguers.

Didn't see that one coming at all. Might be setting up another trade.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't get too comfortable if I was Jose Reyes. Someone like the Mariners or Angels is likely to come calling pretty soon.

I'm bummed that they gave away Hoffman since I think he will be a stud, but now the Blue Jays have the best third baseman and shortstop in the league. Not to shabby.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Baseball 66
Babe_Ruth Baseball 42
Babe_Ruth Baseball 5
Babe_Ruth Baseball 4
CaptainObvious Baseball 64