• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2015 MLB Regular season thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We are two minutes (approx.) away, so I guess it's time to make the transition.

Can't wait for Cubs/Cardinals tonight. Use this thread to discuss the 2015 MLB regular season games.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
EdgeHead said:
Anyone knows if Sonny Gray lost his no-hitter for the A's earlier tonight? Last I checked, he still had it after 7 innings.
He did. Ryan Rua led off the 8th with a base hit to right.

Matt Cain, coming off elbow surgery that knocked him out halfway through last season, went for an MRI because of forearm tightness. Jake Peavy, who had a dead arm in spring, is missing his start today because of a bad back. Those question marks potentially put Vogelsong and Lincecum back in the rotation.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
what a great first day. Some really good games even Cleveland/Houston sucked me in last night.

goingtopshelf said:
what a great first day. Some really good games even Cleveland/Houston sucked me in last night.
Not a huge expert on prospects and anything but from what I've heard in preseason analysis, Houston might not be bad at all this year. No way they're contenders but they won't end up with 100 losses this season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Six shutouts yesterday; 13 total for the season so far. Seven other games where a team scored a single run.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
willge87 said:
Bizzy said:
Six shutouts yesterday; 13 total for the season so far. Seven other games where a team scored a single run.
One more shutout yesterday and another 5 where a team scored a single run. Not even isolated to the NL.
Maybe things will improve once the weather warms up (which it generally does), but umpires calling the actual strike zone (and not 4 inches outside to lefties and at the shins for everyone) would help.

rolewiii

Bizzy said:
willge87 said:
Bizzy said:
One more shutout yesterday and another 5 where a team scored a single run. Not even isolated to the NL.
Maybe things will improve once the weather warms up (which it generally does), but umpires calling the actual strike zone (and not 4 inches outside to lefties and at the shins for everyone) would help.
The "low strike" is back with a vengeance so far in 2015. It's funny how some teams knees start halfway up their shins, but others start at the knee cap.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Baseball 66
Babe_Ruth Baseball 42
Babe_Ruth Baseball 5
Babe_Ruth Baseball 17
Babe_Ruth Baseball 4