• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2015-2016 Montreal Canadiens regular season thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thought I would start this off since there was some big news announced this morning. Your new Canadiens will be Pacioretty - who was voted by the players.

I really wanted Subban to be the next captain, but I knew there was only a slim chance for him to get it. Don't mind Patches has captain, but he never screamed leader to me. We shall see how it goes.

Thoughts?

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
I knew it was max, just that gut feeling. love PK, would have made an excellent Captain. The one thing i'm really glad to see is the A on Gallagher's Jersey, that's awesome! All in all, I get what you're saying, but its what the players wanted, it's what they got. the one thing I really enjoyed, both Pk and Max made a tremendous effort to speak French and I give kudos to them.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Both PK & Patch recognize the importance of speaking French in this market so they'll score extra points with the fanbase solely on that matter. Personally, I was more comfortable with Pacioretty as the captain perhaps because he's gonna use that extra motivation and lead the team the right way. I feel like if it would've been PK, maybe he would've felt extra pressure to do better and maybe put extra weight on his shoulders that he doesn't need. He's gonna be leading by example with the A on the jersey and management knows that PK is one of the top leaders on the team.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm surprised with how many fans out there didn't want Subban to be the captain for many different reasons.

I just believe that Subban as shown a lot maturity in the last season and half and that really showed to me that he was ready to take on the role as the captain. He lead on the ice last season in many key important times, and I'm sure he was very vocal in the dressing room.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I just don't see Pacioretty being a leader type. Maybe my assessment is wrong, and maybe that's why the rest of his team pretty much voted for him.

Who knows! All in all, I am happy that the Canadiens finally have a captain.

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
There's always a reason to everything. There's a reason Max is the captain, the players feel comfortable with him, not saying they would not have with PK. At the end of the day, it's done by committee in Montreal, we all know how many leaders we have and how many of them are young. And yes, now we can focus on the season!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you guys believe Bergevin can work some magic and trade Desharnais before the season starts?

I've been saying this for over a year an half now, but I think Galcheyuk should play his natural position full-time now. Enough with putting him on the wing. He's gain a lot of muscles this off-season and I think it's time.

I don't care if they only get a fourth-round draft pick of Desharnais, I just want him out of Montreal.

Thoughts?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I don't know. My best guess would be if somehow, Tomas Fleischmann is playing good enough during training camp to make it to the roster and Desharnais even having an average preseason. Even there, you'd have to find someone willing to trade for Desharnais. Don't know what his value is but I think you'd get way more for Tomas Plekanec on the market than for Desharnais. Just my opinion.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely true that you would get more for Plekanec, but I don't really care to get a big return. I think the Habs already have a solid line-up and they're much better with Plekanec on the roster since he's such a good two-way forward.

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
Definitely true that you would get more for Plekanec, but I don't really care to get a big return. I think the Habs already have a solid line-up and they're much better with Plekanec on the roster since he's such a good two-way forward.
Galchenyuk and plekanec as a top 2 centre core is too good.

Last edited:

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I don't know about you guys but I wasn't impressed at all by Dustin Tokarski in the net tonight against Washington. I feel like Mike Condon & even Zach Fucale on Monday did way better than Tokarski in front of the net. Personally, if I'm Michel Therrien, I'd seriously be thinking about promoting Condon to Carey Price's backup if Tokarski keeps playing that way during preseason.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thealigator Movies & TV 0
Babe_Ruth Hockey 1
Babe_Ruth NBA 5
Babe_Ruth Baseball 66
Millz Hockey 97